How early can I apply for Fall 2014? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jebinles

New

How early can I apply for Fall 2014?

Post by jebinles » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this site/the application process. I just took the February LSAT (not for this application cycle, though) and now I wanted to start working on my application essays for the Fall of 2014. However, the application forms aren't available on LSAC yet and I was hoping to get the personal statement prompts from the various law schools to which I plan to apply. Does anyone know if the prompts usually change from year to year? Can I use the prompts for Fall 2013 and assume it will be the same for the next year?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

shoeshine

Silver

Re: How early can I apply for Fall 2014?

Post by shoeshine » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 pm

There really aren't different prompts for each school and writing personalized personal statements really won't help your cycle. Just write one really good personal statement and adapt it to the length requirements of each school.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Personal Statement prompts don't change very much/often, so you can certainly get started. One PS will serve for most schools that use a generic prompt.

Applications go live in the fall.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Post by Davidbentley » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Jeez Maverick, That is some top gunning. The apps open when the schools say so. Usually somewhere between September 1 and November 1 of the application year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”