Colorado Accepted/Wait list anyone? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
therickster182

New

Re: Colorado Accepted/Wait list anyone?

Post by therickster182 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:05 pm

ugchicago wrote:
therickster182 wrote:Just got accepted off the waitlist.
Congrats rickster! :D think you'll be attending?
I think so. The weather is awesome and I have 2 brothers that live in the area. I would have hoped for some scholly $$, but beggers/choosers.

jafreder

New

Post by jafreder » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your LSAT/GPA?

jafreder

New

Post by jafreder » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Also, did they give you a deadline to reply back by? Thanks!

therickster182

New

Post by therickster182 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Sorry to get back to you late...

I have a 165, 3.4

They gave me until July 24th to accept the offer.

Best of luck to everyone else!!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Just withdrew...hope one of you gets my spot!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Colorado Bruin

New

Post by Colorado Bruin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I think CU really screws themselves with its deposit policy...they only have a small one-time $200 deposit which allowed people like SWheat to stay on forever with no real intention of going and allowed many people to be deposited at multiple schools. Thats really too bad for those of us who really wanted to go all along and too bad for the university itself since people admitted later on down the waitlist are probably pretty committed to other schools by now and may not be able to make a change on the fly like that. Good luck to whoever gets offered his spot. Hope it works out.

I think CU should really consider a change in its deposit policy to protect both itself and its potential applicants.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Colorado Bruin wrote:I think CU really screws themselves with its deposit policy...they only have a small one-time $200 deposit which allowed people like SWheat to stay on forever with no real intention of going and allowed many people to be deposited at multiple schools. Thats really too bad for those of us who really wanted to go all along and too bad for the university itself since people admitted later on down the waitlist are probably pretty committed to other schools by now and may not be able to make a change on the fly like that. Good luck to whoever gets offered his spot. Hope it works out.

I think CU should really consider a change in its deposit policy to protect both itself and its potential applicants.
F you dude...seriously. How do you know I wasn't serious about attending? I don't need to defend myself here but it has been an extremely tough decision to make that my SO and I have discussed for countless hours. The whole process left me emotionally drained and it hurts to withdraw from CU but sometimes in life you have to make tough decisions.

I think you should really consider a change in your LSAT study habits and maybe you would have been accepted in the first place.

BTW there's no rule against double depositing. That's LSAC policy not anything CU-specific.

Colorado Bruin

New

Post by Colorado Bruin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 pm

swheat wrote:
Colorado Bruin wrote:I think CU really screws themselves with its deposit policy...they only have a small one-time $200 deposit which allowed people like SWheat to stay on forever with no real intention of going and allowed many people to be deposited at multiple schools. Thats really too bad for those of us who really wanted to go all along and too bad for the university itself since people admitted later on down the waitlist are probably pretty committed to other schools by now and may not be able to make a change on the fly like that. Good luck to whoever gets offered his spot. Hope it works out.

F you dude...seriously. How do you know I wasn't serious about attending? I don't need to defend myself here but it has been an extremely tough decision to make that my SO and I have discussed for countless hours. The whole process left me emotionally drained and it hurts to withdraw from CU but sometimes in life you have to make tough decisions.

I think you should really consider a change in your LSAT study habits and maybe you would have been accepted in the first place.

BTW there's no rule against double depositing. That's LSAC policy not anything CU-specific.
Wow youre sure a class act. lol at someone who would take offense to something said on the internet. Get a life man. I was simply making a point about the deposit policy which clearly you and others have abused. Unfortunately for CU...they now have to scramble to fill the spot you were holding and itll be hard to do so seeing as how the person they offer it to is probably pretty committed to another school by now. Anyways, good luck wherever you go...just glad its not in Colorado. :-)

aleighp

New

Post by aleighp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

I got a letter in the mail that I'm on the wait list for fall 2010.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”