LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ilnyyoon

New

LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances?

Post by ilnyyoon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:18 am

Hi, everyone. Hope your day is going well! Would love some advice.

So I took the June test and got a 176. I'm a U.S. citizen (dual) but I'm attending a foreign university, and I am quite sure that my GPA will translate to a Superior. The problem is, this cycle is apparently quite competitive, and I have no meaningful work experience and what I think are below-average softs. Should I apply to the T-14 this cycle regardless, or do you think I should wait and apply next cycle (while gaining a bit of work experience in the meantime)? I also heard that applying to the same school twice in different cycles doesn't make a good impression to the admissions officers, but I don't know if that's true.

Thanks in advance!

crazywafflez

Bronze

Re: LSAT 176/International/Superior/T-14 Chances?

Post by crazywafflez » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:34 pm

ilnyyoon wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:18 am
Hi, everyone. Hope your day is going well! Would love some advice.

So I took the June test and got a 176. I'm a U.S. citizen (dual) but I'm attending a foreign university, and I am quite sure that my GPA will translate to a Superior. The problem is, this cycle is apparently quite competitive, and I have no meaningful work experience and what I think are below-average softs. Should I apply to the T-14 this cycle regardless, or do you think I should wait and apply next cycle (while gaining a bit of work experience in the meantime)? I also heard that applying to the same school twice in different cycles doesn't make a good impression to the admissions officers, but I don't know if that's true.

Thanks in advance!
You've got amazing scores- you'll get into the T14 and you'll get a scholarship at the lower T14 (which I'd recommend going to Cornell for free, or close to it, rather than paying sticker at NYU). I'd take a year off though if you are under 25- work for a year and get some experience. Law school will still be there and your scores are valid for a couple years. You'll have a good cycle no matter when you apply, but I'd urge you to take a year off and see if law is something you are really interested in and just to gain some experience.

Return to “What are my chances?”