Chance me: 166/3.8 URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Carti

New

Chance me: 166/3.8 URM

Post by Carti » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi, I'm an URM (AA) female and applying T14 and want to know what you think are my chances? Specifically the HYS trio, Georgetown, NYU, UCLA and Michigan. I have some solid soft factors as well, but I'm not sure if that's enough to push me into "acceptance" category. Thoughts?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Chance me: 166/3.8 URM

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:43 pm

You should get some good T14 offers. HYS harder to say but Stanford at least appears to like your number profile.

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Chance me: 166/3.8 URM

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:22 pm

I think you've got a good chance at most of the T14 bar HYS. I'd still apply to all of them though tbh. I'd maybe toss in a couple T20s and see if you get fullrides/ really good packages (or at least apply to one where you'd bre comfortable practicing/being in). I'd rather go to UCLA for free than pay sticker at Cornell (not saying this'll be your options, but just in case!).
You should have a pretty good cycle though. Please, don't prestige chase! Go to the best school you can for the cheapest! Columbia's outcomes aren't all that different from NYUs or Mich if your goal is just biglaw in NYC, so if you get sticker at C and a half scholarship to M, go to M!
As a URM your cycle though could be totally unpredictable. Apply broadly across the T14, and I think you are in to UCLA with money.
Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”