4.0 / 160 - Be brutally honest Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FilialPieTea

New

4.0 / 160 - Be brutally honest

Post by FilialPieTea » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Non-URM, not coming from top school, no idea what my chances are getting in anywhere. Need honesty as to where I can apply and have decent chances of getting in. Should I not aim high?

Worked in workers' compensation as a legal intern for a year, now at a new research internship with the ABA. Double major, one is a Philosophy major so great soft skills like research, writing, argumentation, etc.

Taking the LSAT again in Nov. after I finish a PowerScore course. Hoping to get at least a few more points.

Thanks in advance.

Sackboy

Silver

Re: 4.0 / 160 - Be brutally honest

Post by Sackboy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:47 pm

As a general rule, any school where you're above one of their 50th percentiles (aka everywhere with your GPA) and within 1-2 points of their LSAT mean will make you competitive/give you a shot at a scholarship. Really work on bumping that LSAT. The difference between you and a Yale, Stanford, and Harvard law student is literally a dozen points on a very learnable standardized test. Don't feel rushed to go anywhere until you've maxed out your LSAT score. You might not be aiming for a top school, but if you could go to one for almost free why wouldn't you? A 4.0 and 170 LSAT would put you in near full-ride range at the lower T13.

FilialPieTea

New

Re: 4.0 / 160 - Be brutally honest

Post by FilialPieTea » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Thank you so much for the general rule, that comes in super handy.

I will definitely work hard to up my LSAT score for sure now. Your advice is fantastic.

Thanks so much again.

Return to “What are my chances?”