chances at HYS or CCN?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
iplaw732

New

chances at HYS or CCN?

Post by iplaw732 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:10 pm

LSAT: 175
uGPA from an Ivy: 3.53
grad GPA: 3.97

Earned a Ph.D. from top-ranked program in my field, am currently a professor at an R-1 (law is obviously my 2nd career), have extensive research and travel experience and excellent letters of rec, and am an URM (low-income, first-generation, LGBTQ-identified). Plenty of other softs as well: speak 5 languages, have a few publications and invited speaking engagements, and have held an array of jobs.

cavalier1138

Re: chances at HYS or CCN?

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:54 am

Grad GPA won't matter, but the years of teaching may put you in the running for H. Y/S are hyper-selective about GPA, so while it's worth it to apply, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let you in.

I'd say you're pretty much guaranteed admission to CCN.

nixy

Gold

Re: chances at HYS or CCN?

Post by nixy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 am

Yale is enough pro-academia, though, that I think your softs absolutely give you a shot there. No one is ever a shoo-in but I think applying is realistic.

Strictly speaking, first gen/low income/LGBTQ aren’t URM, so if you meant that those qualities made you a URM, that’s not quite the case, although they do add diversity and help your application, though not to the same degree as being a URM. (If you meant that you were first gen/low income/LGBTQ on top of being one of the standard URM categories, then never mind! I just couldn’t tell.)

Return to “What are my chances?”