Chances at T6?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jacksong2020

New

Chances at T6?

Post by jacksong2020 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 am

Hi Friends,

I have a 3.95 GPA and got a 169 on my February LSAT. I was wondering what you all think are my chances at the upper T14 are, specifically CCN?

I have pretty good softs, Attorney General internship, State Department internship, and Fulbright Scholar.

I am worried that I've maxed out my LSAT score, however. I definitely don't want to take it and score lower. So if anyone has any resources that helped them go from upper 160s to the 170s, I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Re: Chances at T6?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:36 am

jacksong2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 am
I am worried that I've maxed out my LSAT score, however. I definitely don't want to take it and score lower. So if anyone has any resources that helped them go from upper 160s to the 170s, I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!
Definitely don't worry about the bolded. If you've only taken the LSAT once, it's worth taking a second crack at it. Just getting to 170 would markedly improve your opportunities.

As for your your chances with the 169, you have decent chances at each of CCN but you could plausibly get waitlisted/probably won't get much money, whereas you could get a very good scholarship at other T14s.

jacksong2020

New

Post by jacksong2020 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:26 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:36 am
jacksong2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 am
Definitely don't worry about the bolded. If you've only taken the LSAT once, it's worth taking a second crack at it. Just getting to 170 would markedly improve your opportunities.

As for your your chances with the 169, you have decent chances at each of CCN but you could plausibly get waitlisted/probably won't get much money, whereas you could get a very good scholarship at other T14s.

Thanks for the advice. Am I correct in that since the ABA only requires schools to report students' highest score, a couple point decrease wouldn't be the death of my application? Obviously I would study a lot and try to make sure it increased, but a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush :)

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:49 pm

jacksong2020 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:26 pm
Thanks for the advice. Am I correct in that since the ABA only requires schools to report students' highest score, a couple point decrease wouldn't be the death of my application? Obviously I would study a lot and try to make sure it increased, but a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush :)
A couple points' decrease is a non-issue; you'll still be treated as a 169* for exactly the reason you mention. The second take is pretty much pure upside (obviously, don't just take it on a whim because you only get so many takes).

*Yale might be an exception, but you need to improve on 169 to have a chance there anyway so shoot your shot

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:38 pm

I am guessing low chances at Chicago and Columbia.

But good chance at NYU. NYU seems to have a high acceptance rate considering its ranking, from my experience as an applicant and speaking to others.

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:48 pm

zeglo wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:38 pm
I am guessing low chances at Chicago and Columbia.

But good chance at NYU. NYU seems to have a high acceptance rate considering its ranking, from my experience as an applicant and speaking to others.
Columbia's tough with a 169 but I think OP has pretty decent changes at Chicago, which is perhaps the most reverse-splitter-friendly school in the T6.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”