3.9mid 172 HYS chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Statuschecker19

New

3.9mid 172 HYS chances?

Post by Statuschecker19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Title. What are my chances are HYS?

Statuschecker19

New

Re: 3.9mid 172 HYS chances?

Post by Statuschecker19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Statuschecker19 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:58 pm
Title. What are my chances at HYS?

Sackboy

Bronze

Post by Sackboy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm

You're competitive for all three. That's the most anyone here can tell you. Obviously, Harvard is the easiest to get into, so you're most competitive there.

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Sackboy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm
You're competitive for all three. That's the most anyone here can tell you. Obviously, Harvard is the easiest to get into, so you're most competitive there.
Eh, OP's numbers line up a bit better with Stanford's medians.

Agree that they have a decent shot at all of HYS (as well as CCN full rides), but OP could plausibly miss out on all three if the rest of the app is lukewarm.

Sackboy

Bronze

Post by Sackboy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:09 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:43 pm
Sackboy wrote:

Agree that they have a decent shot at all of HYS (as well as CCN full rides), but OP could plausibly miss out on all three if the rest of the app is lukewarm.
While that's true, I think Stanford factors in intangibles much more than Harvard. Harvard's class is so huge that they need to make a lot of offers to high number kids to maintain their median, so the individuality of an applicant doesn't matter. OP seems like a relatively safe offer at H, because he beats the 50th GPA and is only 1pt under the 50th LSAT. Sounds like a perfect applicant to balance the class. Stanford gets to be more picky with just 180 seats to fill.

Still, at the end of the day, all we can tell OP is that they are competitive for HYS. I don't know what other substantive advice could be given beyond retake the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Statuschecker19

New

Post by Statuschecker19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:27 pm

Sackboy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:09 pm
Sackboy wrote:

While that's true, I think Stanford factors in intangibles much more than Harvard. Harvard's class is so huge that they need to make a lot of offers to high number kids to maintain their median, so the individuality of an applicant doesn't matter. OP seems like a relatively safe offer at H, because he beats the 50th GPA and is only 1pt under the 50th LSAT. Sounds like a perfect applicant to balance the class. Stanford gets to be more picky with just 180 seats to fill.

Still, at the end of the day, all we can tell OP is that they are competitive for HYS. I don't know what other substantive advice could be given beyond retake the LSAT.
Sackboy wrote:

So what % likelihood would you say i have at HYS and then CCN with $$+?

Sackboy

Bronze

Post by Sackboy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Are you trying to decide whether to retake the LSAT?

Statuschecker19

New

Post by Statuschecker19 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:13 pm

Sackboy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 pm
No. I think i’m set on my score.

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Statuschecker19 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:27 pm
So what % likelihood would you say i have at HYS and then CCN with $$+?
Hard to say without seeing the rest of your app. Assuming it's mostly average by T14-applicant standards, you probably have roughly a 50-50 chance at H and a slimmer-but-realistic shot at S depending on soft factors. Your numbers are probably good enough to get to the faculty-review stage at Yale which is "holistic"/random, but your numbers are meh within that elite pool so you'll need to be strong elsewhere to get over the hump. Half-tuition scholarship at CCN is very likely (especially if you get one of HYS, which you can use to negotiate) and a full ride is more or less possible depending, like YS, on intangibles.

You could underperform the above by being a super bland KJD, or having a fishy recommendation or something, and you're still pretty likely to get ~$100-120k at a CCN—but you might not get to choose which CCN. That's a pretty high floor. On the other hand, if you have legitimately impressive softs and/or a great application, you could easily find yourself choosing between Yale and a Ruby. If you think you're nearer the latter scenario you should also consider applying for the Knight-Hennessy at Stanford.

Sackboy

Bronze

Post by Sackboy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Statuschecker19 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:13 pm
Sackboy wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:38 pm
No. I think i’m set on my score.
Then there is no point in chancing you beyond telling you that you're competitive at all of HYSCCN, because you're not going to retake the LSAT if you don't like your chances and your GPA is stuck where it is. Good luck with your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”