3.71/175

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Post Reply
lawguy999

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

3.71/175

Post by lawguy999 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Reapplying this fall with a 3.71 and 175 after a poor run last cycle with a 169 LSAT. Probably going to blanket the T-14. I have no softs, really, whatsoever, other than being a resident assistant during undergrad. Ideally, I'd like to go to Harvard, but I have a feeling my GPA is holding me back. What are my odds there? How about CCN (and, with money?). The sample size on myLSN is small, but the lower and mid-T14 seem hit or miss. What can I expect?

decimalsanddollars

Bronze
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Chicago, UPenn, and UVA seem to care more about GPA, so your application to each is going to be weak compared to rank-peer schools. You still have a good shot at most of the T14, with money, and a fighting chance (but less than 50/50) at HLS. From myLSN, looks like most applicants in your range got some money from CCN, if they got in.

lawdog97

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:39 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by lawdog97 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:45 pm

You have an excellent LSAT and an excellent GPA. Please do not beat yourself up over your numbers.

I say apply again for early admissions, but there are also excellent schools that are not HYS- Vanderbilt, Texas, Georgetown, William & Mary, etc.

Please do not give up your law school dreams because you cannot get into Harvard.

User avatar
RunnerRunner

Bronze
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by RunnerRunner » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm

175+ LSAT combined with a non-terrible GPA always has a fighting chance at H. Make your app flawless, that’s all you can do. Good job on your retest, and good luck!

lawguy999

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by lawguy999 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm

decimalsanddollars wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Chicago, UPenn, and UVA seem to care more about GPA, so your application to each is going to be weak compared to rank-peer schools. You still have a good shot at most of the T14, with money, and a fighting chance (but less than 50/50) at HLS. From myLSN, looks like most applicants in your range got some money from CCN, if they got in.
Thanks. HLS says actually about 60% for my stats, unless I'm looking at it incorrectly? Also, when you say "if they got in" for CCN, does that mean it might not happen? Columbia and NYU had like 95-100% acceptance for my stats, again, unless I looked incorrectly?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


lawguy999

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by lawguy999 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm

RunnerRunner wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm
175+ LSAT combined with a non-terrible GPA always has a fighting chance at H. Make your app flawless, that’s all you can do. Good job on your retest, and good luck!
How can I make my app flawless besides hiring Spivey for my PS (which is what I did)?

decimalsanddollars

Bronze
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by decimalsanddollars » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:07 pm

lawguy999 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:50 pm
decimalsanddollars wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 pm
Chicago, UPenn, and UVA seem to care more about GPA, so your application to each is going to be weak compared to rank-peer schools. You still have a good shot at most of the T14, with money, and a fighting chance (but less than 50/50) at HLS. From myLSN, looks like most applicants in your range got some money from CCN, if they got in.
Thanks. HLS says actually about 60% for my stats, unless I'm looking at it incorrectly? Also, when you say "if they got in" for CCN, does that mean it might not happen? Columbia and NYU had like 95-100% acceptance for my stats, again, unless I looked incorrectly?
Yeah so I increased the myLSN range to draw a bigger sample, and when I do that, I usually include more downward variance than upward to keep the projections slightly conservative. HLS may be more than 50/50 or less, we just don't really know, but I think it's worth applying for sure. And yes, most with your numbers do get into those schools; I was just looking at the scholarship stats on myLSN which has a percentage of admitted with scholarship, so I wanted to clarify that a majority of admits at those schools got money, not a majority of applicants with your stats (although that's likely also true).

User avatar
RunnerRunner

Bronze
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by RunnerRunner » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:35 am

lawguy999 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm
RunnerRunner wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm
175+ LSAT combined with a non-terrible GPA always has a fighting chance at H. Make your app flawless, that’s all you can do. Good job on your retest, and good luck!
How can I make my app flawless besides hiring Spivey for my PS (which is what I did)?
If you’ve hired Spivey, then it sounds like you are giving your app sufficient attention already. My point was really that you should make sure you don’t give the admissions office any reason to ding you (typos, sloppy writing, etc.), now that your numbers are final.

I think you’ll have a great cycle. And if I had to put money down I’d bet you get into H.

Anon-non-anon

Bronze
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by Anon-non-anon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am

lawdog97 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:45 pm
You have an excellent LSAT and an excellent GPA. Please do not beat yourself up over your numbers.

I say apply again for early admissions, but there are also excellent schools that are not HYS- Vanderbilt, Texas, Georgetown, William & Mary, etc.

Please do not give up your law school dreams because you cannot get into Harvard.
DO NOT go to William & Mary (or Vanderbilt or Georgetown for that matter) with a 3.71 / 175.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


lawguy999

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by lawguy999 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:00 am

Anon-non-anon wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am
lawdog97 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:45 pm
You have an excellent LSAT and an excellent GPA. Please do not beat yourself up over your numbers.

I say apply again for early admissions, but there are also excellent schools that are not HYS- Vanderbilt, Texas, Georgetown, William & Mary, etc.

Please do not give up your law school dreams because you cannot get into Harvard.
DO NOT go to William & Mary (or Vanderbilt or Georgetown for that matter) with a 3.71 / 175.
Haha, I wasn't planning to, but thanks. What do you think is more reasonable?

Anon-non-anon

Bronze
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by Anon-non-anon » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:08 am

lawguy999 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:00 am
Anon-non-anon wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:40 am
lawdog97 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:45 pm
You have an excellent LSAT and an excellent GPA. Please do not beat yourself up over your numbers.

I say apply again for early admissions, but there are also excellent schools that are not HYS- Vanderbilt, Texas, Georgetown, William & Mary, etc.

Please do not give up your law school dreams because you cannot get into Harvard.
DO NOT go to William & Mary (or Vanderbilt or Georgetown for that matter) with a 3.71 / 175.
Haha, I wasn't planning to, but thanks. What do you think is more reasonable?
Sounds like you have a decent shot at Harvard and potential for $ everywhere on down. I would blanket the T14 (maybe skipping Cornell (grade sensitivity) / Georgetown (more risky, especially today)) and see what $$ you get. Where you land will prob depend on how you want to balance debt / prestige / job prospects / slight boost to location you may want to practice in. You also may get weight listed for schools that think you'll just take a higher offer, so may want to reach out if that happens but you're particularly interested in that school.

lawguy999

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by lawguy999 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:41 am

RunnerRunner wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:35 am
lawguy999 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 pm
RunnerRunner wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm
175+ LSAT combined with a non-terrible GPA always has a fighting chance at H. Make your app flawless, that’s all you can do. Good job on your retest, and good luck!
How can I make my app flawless besides hiring Spivey for my PS (which is what I did)?
If you’ve hired Spivey, then it sounds like you are giving your app sufficient attention already. My point was really that you should make sure you don’t give the admissions office any reason to ding you (typos, sloppy writing, etc.), now that your numbers are final.

I think you’ll have a great cycle. And if I had to put money down I’d bet you get into H.
No way..? With no softs, 5 LSAT takes, and a competitive cycle? I hope so, but I doubt it lol.

replevin123

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 am

Re: 3.71/175

Post by replevin123 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 am

OP, it would probably benefit you to chill out some. You can't change your numbers. Put together an error-free app and have a good story for why you want to go into law. Your posts indicate you are obsessing over your chances and want people here to tell you with certainty where you will get in and with how much money. That will never happen and no one knows. All that people can add are their own anecdotes.

User avatar
Dcc617

Gold
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: 3.71/175

Post by Dcc617 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:09 pm

For what it's worth, back in 2015 I got accepted to Harvard with a 3.72 and 176.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “What are my chances?”