Splitter Chances t14

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
phb109

New

Splitter Chances t14

Post by phb109 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi all,

I've got a 172 LSAT with a 3.35 LSAC GPA and 2 years WE. Need advice on where to apply.

Thinking NYU through Duke minus Berkeley plus WashU and Fordham (live near NYC, prefer to stay in the northeast).

Thanks!

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Re: Splitter Chances t14

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Makes zero sense not to apply to Northwestern and GULC IMO, and Berkeley/Columbia probably also worth a shot even though chances are slim there. As a splitter you need to maximize coverage to increase your scholarship chances and scholarship-negotiation position. Otherwise that seems like a good list assuming generic NYC biglaw goals.

phb109

New

Post by phb109 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:35 pm
Makes zero sense not to apply to Northwestern and GULC IMO, and Berkeley/Columbia probably also worth a shot even though chances are slim there. As a splitter you need to maximize coverage to increase your scholarship chances and scholarship-negotiation position. Otherwise that seems like a good list assuming generic NYC biglaw goals.
Thanks! Yes, NYC biglaw would be the goal. Trying to minimize debt as well since I'd be entering school again at 27.

Any opinion on NYU sticker vs Fordham with $$$? Based on what I've seen on other sites that's probably what I would be looking at in the best case scenario.

Sackboy

Bronze

Post by Sackboy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:04 am

phb109 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 pm
ion on NYU sticker vs Fordham with $$$? Based on what I've seen on other sites that's probably what I would be looking at in the best case scenario.
There are many better options between NYU sticker vs Fordham with $$$. Duke, Cornell, or Northwestern with $$ would probably all make more sense. Apply broadly and don't focus too much on being in NYC while you're in school. All of the T14 can get you back to Manhattan after graduation.

phb109

New

Post by phb109 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:14 am

Sackboy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:04 am
phb109 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:52 pm
ion on NYU sticker vs Fordham with $$$? Based on what I've seen on other sites that's probably what I would be looking at in the best case scenario.
There are many better options between NYU sticker vs Fordham with $$$. Duke, Cornell, or Northwestern with $$ would probably all make more sense. Apply broadly and don't focus too much on being in NYC while you're in school. All of the T14 can get you back to Manhattan after graduation.
Appreciate the input. I realize those could be decent options financially but I'm leaning heavily towards staying in the northeast due to family (elderly parents) and my girlfriend. Moving for a few years is not out of the question but not ideal. That said I will definitely be blanketing the lower T14 plus a few others. Duke seems like the best compromise assuming I can get in...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”