- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 1:29 pm
I don't have a *ton* on my resume aside from a grocery store job. I've got two internships (one with the disney college program and the other with a historical society. I just joined a club this semester for this first time, but I'm not sure the club will resume in the Fall.
If for whatever reason, nothing changed and my score did not budge, my gpa didnt change and I did literally nothing else, at the very least would I be able to get into the school? That's my concern right now. Ultimate goal would be scholarships
, but baby steps right. Is shooting for high 160s feasible with the score I have now? I'm trying to be really realistic with myself
Tldr; 3.77 at uni, 3.75 at cc and roughly 156 LSAT. Would I be more likely to get in or be waitlisted or rejected from Brooklyn Law?
- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm
1) Definitely get your LSAT to 165 or higher. 156 cold is actually pretty decent and if you don't improve by around 10 points (or more) in preparation then you haven't prepared enough.
2) Try and eke a bit more out of your GPA if possible. 3.8 or 3.85 will open up better opportunities than 3.77. You should focus on your grades in senior year rather than applying to law school, leading me to
3) You should strongly consider working in between college and law school. It's almost an objectively-better career path nowadays.
Why do you want to go to Brooklyn in particular? It's a decent school if you can get a full ride but, whatever your career goals are, there are better options you can/should aim for. Don't just take the path of least resistance with such a huge decision.
- Posts: 415
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:26 pm
Agree 100% with LSAT Airbender on this: you'll probably get in; if you do, you'll probably have to pay sticker; paying sticker at Brooklyn is a terrible idea. I recommend retaking and also, like Airbender said, trying to cross the 3.8 line if you can.
Maryland Boutique Tax firm seeks Senior Level Tax Attorney. Want to be part of a special team? Qualifi... read more
Salary $70,000 - $75,000 a year Job Type Full-time Qualifications Experience: lega... read more
Summer Internship The intern may be asked to do a variety of things, including day-to-day office work such as... read more