Chance me at Brooklyn Law

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Stockson12

New

Chance me at Brooklyn Law

Post by Stockson12 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi guys!! I just found this website through Reddit. I am entering my senior year of undergrad and I want to apply to law school in the relative near future. I'm a Philosophy major at my current university with a 3.77 GPA. I transferred in from a community college with a 3.75. I just took my first practice LSAT going into it pretty much blind/having had not studied yet because I wanted to know where I was starting from. I got a 156 I believe. Obviously I intend to do some practice and get that score up, ideally to the high 160s.

I don't have a *ton* on my resume aside from a grocery store job. I've got two internships (one with the disney college program and the other with a historical society. I just joined a club this semester for this first time, but I'm not sure the club will resume in the Fall.

If for whatever reason, nothing changed and my score did not budge, my gpa didnt change and I did literally nothing else, at the very least would I be able to get into the school? That's my concern right now. Ultimate goal would be scholarships
, but baby steps right. Is shooting for high 160s feasible with the score I have now? I'm trying to be really realistic with myself

Tldr; 3.77 at uni, 3.75 at cc and roughly 156 LSAT. Would I be more likely to get in or be waitlisted or rejected from Brooklyn Law?

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Re: Chance me at Brooklyn Law

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri May 15, 2020 2:08 pm

You have decent chances of getting admitted with your current numbers but you'd likely be paying full price which would be an insanely bad idea.

1) Definitely get your LSAT to 165 or higher. 156 cold is actually pretty decent and if you don't improve by around 10 points (or more) in preparation then you haven't prepared enough.
2) Try and eke a bit more out of your GPA if possible. 3.8 or 3.85 will open up better opportunities than 3.77. You should focus on your grades in senior year rather than applying to law school, leading me to
3) You should strongly consider working in between college and law school. It's almost an objectively-better career path nowadays.

Why do you want to go to Brooklyn in particular? It's a decent school if you can get a full ride but, whatever your career goals are, there are better options you can/should aim for. Don't just take the path of least resistance with such a huge decision.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: Chance me at Brooklyn Law

Post by decimalsanddollars » Fri May 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Agree 100% with LSAT Airbender on this: you'll probably get in; if you do, you'll probably have to pay sticker; paying sticker at Brooklyn is a terrible idea. I recommend retaking and also, like Airbender said, trying to cross the 3.8 line if you can.

Return to “What are my chances?”