Chance for scholarship

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
irismurdoch

New

Chance for scholarship

Post by irismurdoch » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:21 pm

My stats:
LSAT: 173
GPA: 3.7 (non-stem)
non-URM
unimpressive softs

I have two questions. First, I think I have a good shot at getting into any law schools outside of (HYS). Is that true? Second, are there T-14 or T-20 schools that would be likely to offer substantial scholarships?

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: Chance for scholarship

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm

https://mylsn.info/j7elgh/

I think your assumptions are generally right, except that CCN+Penn admission is not a lock (particularly Chicago) and that mid-T14s like Michigan and Berkeley are also not a sure thing (but better than CCNP). Schools that let you in---other than possibly HCCNP schools if you get in---will probably give scholarships with your numbers, and Vandy/WUSTL probably close to full ride.

MountainMama

New

Re: Chance for scholarship

Post by MountainMama » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm about finished with 2019-20 applications with similar stats. I got hit with more waitlists than I expected, but still ended up with decent scholarships at Northwestern and Duke. Apply broadly!!

There was a large increase in high LSAT applicants this year over 18/19. From what I understand, splitters fared poorly (even splitter fave WUSTL was rejecting 170+s). How COVID and altered LSAT administration affects the applicant pool next year is anyone's guess. (I would love to know how schools are going to treat LSAT Flex scores).

Its not too late to create some softs; I started a volunteer gig last spring and it was very helpful to have experience to talk about other than school/work. One thing I didn't understand was how much application process there is AFTER you submit your application - scholarship essays, interviews, admitted student events, and LOCIs. Get yourself some ammunition for all the "tell me a little more about yourself"s to come.

Return to “What are my chances?”