3.5 & 162 Active Duty Military Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mufasa

New

3.5 & 162 Active Duty Military

Post by Mufasa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 am

Hey all! getting pretty nervous about my chances to get into a decent law school.. I'm planning on applying to the Funded Legal Education Program in the military but as previously mentioned I am currently serving with about 5 years in.

What are my odds of getting into George Washington? I feel pretty safe about George Mason. (Hoping to go to a school in northern virginia)

Thanks for any replys!

AJordan

Silver

Re: 3.5 & 162 Active Duty Military

Post by AJordan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Not great: http://gw.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1819

Good news is if you get four more LSAT points you're almost guaranteed in.

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:15 am

FLEP is a different ballgame, I think you have a great shot at GWU.

The cool thing is that it doesn't matter. You are on your way to a chill, 3 year, well-paid vacation with a guaranteed six-figure job after graduation.....no matter what law school you go to, or what grades you get.

Just don't get too far overweight...

Congrats, and enjoy!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Wipfelder wrote:The cool thing is that it doesn't matter. You are on your way to a chill, 3 year, well-paid vacation with a guaranteed six-figure job after graduation.....no matter what law school you go to, or what grades you get.
Since when does FLEP guarantee those things? My understanding was that it just pays for tuition and COL.

Specter1389

Bronze

Post by Specter1389 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:32 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Wipfelder wrote:The cool thing is that it doesn't matter. You are on your way to a chill, 3 year, well-paid vacation with a guaranteed six-figure job after graduation.....no matter what law school you go to, or what grades you get.
Since when does FLEP guarantee those things? My understanding was that it just pays for tuition and COL.
It pays a lot more than just tuition and COL. During law school members in the FLEP program continue to accrue active duty time and are paid as such. As a 5 year O-3 going to school in DC, that person would make $5671 a month before taxes, plus an additional $2571 a month (tax free) for BAH. This is in addition to having their tuition covered. They would get a raise after 1L year once they cross the 6 year point. When they graduate, they would be at 8 years and making $6241 a month, not counting BAH. Once BAH is included, they’re pulling in just over six figures most likely. Even if not, by that point they would only be a couple years from pinning on Major which comes with a sizeable pay bump.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”