NYU/Georgetown Tax LLM chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
throwabaeaway

New

NYU/Georgetown Tax LLM chances

Post by throwabaeaway » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:54 pm

I'm a longtime lurker who can't find any information on admissions stats here anywhere else and is looking for some guidance/pointers.

I recently graduated at median from a T2. My school has a dismal career services office and the public interest firm I worked for my 2L summer lost their state funding about a month before I graduated. I graduated without a job, and then didn't pass the bar my first time around. I don't have a metric ton of student debt due to a good scholarship, but I had to take on more than I wanted due to some family financial issues. I was K-JD, got my BA in history before law school, graduated in 2 years (yes, I'm pretty young).

Here's why I'm thinking about pursuing this route:
- I really liked my tax classes during law school and I interned for a bankruptcy judge during my 1L summer, and I just didn't have any chances to further explore that interest.
- I went to a law school where I had no geographic ties because I was trying to get the fuck away from where I had "ties;" while it did get me out of a terrible living situation, I was in a much worse position to network for work opportunities than my classmates.
- I'd prefer to work in government over a firm. I had, and still have, zero interest in Biglaw.
- I had to move back home to a new situation where I still don't have geographic ties because my family relocated while I was in law school. Now I'm in an area with just as many unemployed lawyers looking for work as I was during law school, but I don't have even school-related ties.

Do I have a shot? How could I maximize my chances?

lawschoolstud23

New

Re: NYU/Georgetown Tax LLM chances

Post by lawschoolstud23 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Interested as well

Return to “What are my chances?”