deleted Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Post Reply
LawurmStudent

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

deleted

Post by LawurmStudent » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm

deleted
Last edited by LawurmStudent on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

fredfred

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by fredfred » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Honestly probably 0 chance. Maybe with the pr urm but honestly you need to retake.

PoopNpants

Silver
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by PoopNpants » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Glad to hear you're re-taking that's a good idea. Berkley is kind've a GPA whore from what I hear but a re-take a few points increase should have you in some good spots

Assuming you don't improve, I think you'd get Vandy def.
as for the URM boost, yeah you probably won't get a similar boost to NA/AA

User avatar
180kickflip

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by 180kickflip » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:56 pm

If you are 100% sure about law school, and you haven't graduated yet, I'd try to postpone a semester/year and take as many classes as you can to keep boosting that GPA. Then I'd focus on LSAT and not retake it until I was scoring 2-3 points above my target (which should be 167+. Then, you could apply with like a 3.45/168 and get just about every school on your list at a six figure discount. That'd probably save you 90k+ versus what you'd end up paying if accepted with your current stats. Well worth the one year wait.

LawurmStudent

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by LawurmStudent » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:14 pm

180kickflip wrote:If you are 100% sure about law school, and you haven't graduated yet, I'd try to postpone a semester/year and take as many classes as you can to keep boosting that GPA. Then I'd focus on LSAT and not retake it until I was scoring 2-3 points above my target (which should be 167+. Then, you could apply with like a 3.45/168 and get just about every school on your list at a six figure discount. That'd probably save you 90k+ versus what you'd end up paying if accepted with your current stats. Well worth the one year wait.
I have 13 credits left in the fall. I can't imagine it would make any sense to postpone graduation and take BS classes when I should be graduated. Would a .08-.1 GPA boost really make that worth it? State school so it's cheap but still...

LawurmStudent

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by LawurmStudent » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Also, I am going to write my essay about how I can bring my culture and educate others about my culture. If I sell this well, will it have an impact?

User avatar
shump92

Bronze
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by shump92 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:21 pm

LawurmStudent wrote:Also, I am going to write my essay about how I can bring my culture and educate others about my culture. If I sell this well, will it have an impact?
Yes assuming the essay logically follows from your transcript, resume, and LORs. How much is anybody's guess.

User avatar
terrier27

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by terrier27 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:22 pm

.
Last edited by terrier27 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
180kickflip

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: 164 LSAT 3.38 GPA URM Chances at...?

Post by 180kickflip » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 pm

LawurmStudent wrote:
180kickflip wrote:If you are 100% sure about law school, and you haven't graduated yet, I'd try to postpone a semester/year and take as many classes as you can to keep boosting that GPA. Then I'd focus on LSAT and not retake it until I was scoring 2-3 points above my target (which should be 167+. Then, you could apply with like a 3.45/168 and get just about every school on your list at a six figure discount. That'd probably save you 90k+ versus what you'd end up paying if accepted with your current stats. Well worth the one year wait.
I have 13 credits left in the fall. I can't imagine it would make any sense to postpone graduation and take BS classes when I should be graduated. Would a .08-.1 GPA boost really make that worth it? State school so it's cheap but still...
A .1 GPA increase may only provide a small bump on its own, but a .1 increase coupled with a 3 point increase on your LSAT would make for an entirely different cycle. If taking some cheap/easy classes and getting 5 more questions right on a multiple choice test brought you from Michigan with 30k to Michigan with 120k, wouldn't it be worth it?

Post Reply

Return to “What are my chances?”