Is it too late to apply??? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LegalEagle111

New

Is it too late to apply???

Post by LegalEagle111 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Long story really short I have a 153 LSAT and a 3.5 GPA. My resume, letters of recommendation, and personal statement are very strong and I'm a URM.

I've applied to:
The University of Texas
SMU (haven't submitted application yet)
Tulane
Baylor
University of Houston
Texas A&M
South Texas College of Law

I just found out last night that I was accepted to Baylor... I was somewhat surprised because my LSAT is so low but now I regret not sending applications to other schools that have seemed out of reach.

Is it too late to apply to schools that are in the top 20 or is there still hope?

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

RCSOB657

Gold

Re: Is it too late to apply???

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 am

St. Mary's has better outcomes than a few of those schools why haven't you applied there?

People here will tell you to retake, and with your GPA I think you should think hard about it.

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am

What URM are you? B/c if you're AA, 5-7 more points on your LSAT and you're looking at T14 or UT with $$$.

LegalEagle111

New

Post by LegalEagle111 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 am

RCSOB657 wrote:St. Mary's has better outcomes than a few of those schools why haven't you applied there?

People here will tell you to retake, and with your GPA I think you should think hard about it.
I have thought about St. Mary's and I'm not sure why I haven't applied... I guess I should.

I've already taken the LSAT twice and I'm not sure I'd be able to raise it the third time or I definitely would.

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:46 am

How many more times are you going to post the exact same thing?

Every single time people tell you that (a) you aren't a URM and (b) you need to retake...

but you keep asking.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3#p8243793

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p8234685

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:59 am

Oh nvm you're hispanic applying to law schools in TX. You're not getting much if any URM bump.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 am

LeagleEagle I think A&M law sounds like a great fit for you. No need to retake. I hear great things about South Texas College of Law, too. It might be tough for you to get into Baylor, but if you should be so lucky, that's what you've gotta do if you want to be the best. It's pricey, sure, buy you've got to spend money to make money.

Don't worry about all these prestige whores saying you need to retake for UT or SMU/Houston. I go to UT and everyone is really mean and elitist; probably going to transfer somewhere more chill. Dont maek the same mistakes I have.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”