3.83/High 150's-160 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Post Reply
misskatejd

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

3.83/High 150's-160

Post by misskatejd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:03 pm

-Graduated December 2013
-3.83 GPA Political Science with Pre-law certificate
-high 150's-160 on PT
-decent softs (campaign intern, D.A. intern, club president, etc)
-work at law firm
-female
-non urm
-epileptic (theme of my personal statement)

-want to stay in CA, would love UCLA.

Taking this September LSAT. Got lazy and waited til 3 weeks ago to sit down and study. :? :shock: Scoring high 150's, best being a 160, but each test is steady improvement.

I feel I would be cheating myself out of alot of opportunities and $$$ if I settled for this score range, so I will more than likely be retaking.

-retake in December and apply?
-wait until June to retake and apply next cycle?
-retake in December apply, see where I get in, decide if suffice, and if not retake and June? If this is done, will taking three times in short window look "bad"?


I feel like the answer may be to just forget retake in December and wait until June, but I'm afraid spring will roll around and I will regret not having at least tried and not giving myself any options.

FSK

Platinum
Posts: 8058
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by FSK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 pm

-wait until June to retake and apply next cycle?

I would do that.
Last edited by FSK on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16639
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Why are you even taking in September if you know you're going to score sub-160?
Take the loss of money and withdraw. Save yourself a strike and study for a future test.
December Study Group
February or June are fine too.

misskatejd

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by misskatejd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Dirigo-
I signed up for September awhile ago, thought I would be able to get decent score in time (stupid I know).
Thought a withdraw this close to test would still count against be as an attempt, so I figured I should just take it anyways and if nothing else, know what its like to actually sit for one. Is this not true?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16639
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:28 pm

misskatejd wrote:Dirigo-
I signed up for September awhile ago, thought I would be able to get decent score in time (stupid I know).
Thought a withdraw this close to test would still count against be as an attempt, so I figured I should just take it anyways and if nothing else, know what its like to actually sit for one. Is this not true?
Nope. A cancel the day of the test or after counts as an attempt. A withdrawal before midnight on the 26th does not.

Nomo

Silver
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by Nomo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Cancel now. Do not waste one of your 3 attempts.

misskatejd

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by misskatejd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Ok, so I can still withdraw and have it not count, I just wont receive a refund? (which I don't care about)

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16639
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 pm

misskatejd wrote:Ok, so I can still withdraw and have it not count, I just wont receive a refund? (which I don't care about)
Yes.

misskatejd

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by misskatejd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Okay, thanks. I suppose I will keep studying at the level I am currently and see how I feel in a few months and go from there...

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:53 pm

.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16639
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 3.83/High 150's-160

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:53 pm

misskatejd wrote:Okay, thanks. I suppose I will keep studying at the level I am currently and see how I feel in a few months and go from there...
Your GPA is too good to waste on a low LSAT.
Put the time and effort in and you will be rewarded with acceptance to better schools and more scholarship money.
Good luck!

Post Reply

Return to “What are my chances?”