3.68/168 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ragabol

New

3.68/168

Post by ragabol » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 am

So where should I be applying? Undergrad GPA is 3.68 and I scored a 168 on the LSAT. I legitimately have no idea so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

jetsfan1

Silver

Re: 3.68/168

Post by jetsfan1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:07 am

http://www.myLSN.info/gk133m

But, if you retake and get a 170

http://www.myLSN.info/qco6fp

And with a 173

http://www.myLSN.info/vb66tm

Bottom line, even with a 180 your out at HYS bc of your gpa, but getting as little as 2 more questions right on a retake opens up the mid/lower T14. Get to a 173 and you have a legit shot at CCN. Good luck!

Edit: Also, since you said you have legitimately no idea where to apply, im going to go ahead and assume you havent done much research into this whole law school thing yet. Thats ok, but browse these forums, they truly are a great resource. Also, if you do retake, head over to the LSAT prep forum, theres a lot of useful info in there. How much prep did you put in the first time? What were your PT averages? Do you feel you can do better?

nebula666

Silver

Post by nebula666 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:42 am

You should apply to Columbia, Chicago, NYU and below. Only locks are Georgetown and Cornell. In at everywhere else outside the T14 with decent money.

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 am

jetsfan1 wrote:http://www.myLSN.info/gk133m

But, if you retake and get a 170

http://www.myLSN.info/qco6fp

And with a 173

http://www.myLSN.info/vb66tm

Bottom line, even with a 180 your out at HYS bc of your gpabut getting as little as 2 more questions right on a retake opens up the mid/lower T14. Get to a 173 and you have a legit shot at CCN. Good luck!

Edit: Also, since you said you have legitimately no idea where to apply, im going to go ahead and assume you havent done much research into this whole law school thing yet. Thats ok, but browse these forums, they truly are a great resource. Also, if you do retake, head over to the LSAT prep forum, theres a lot of useful info in there. How much prep did you put in the first time? What were your PT averages? Do you feel you can do better?
Jesus so much bad advice springing up on TLS these days. H regularly takes 3.7s with 175s or above.

But the advice on retake is correct. 3.7, 17X should get multiple T14 and at least some $ depending on how you score on your retake.

jetsfan1

Silver

Post by jetsfan1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Flynn, your right. Sorry I was looking at a different thread where the OP had a 3.2ish before this and got them mixed up. But the advice still stands, a retake is the move here. Good luck, sorry about the mistake

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:04 pm

OP, please retake. There is a world of difference between a 168 and even a 170 as far as school choices and scholarship amounts go.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:09 pm

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 pm

ragabol wrote:So where should I be applying? Undergrad GPA is 3.68 and I scored a 168 on the LSAT. I legitimately have no idea so any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I may be wrong, but I believe recent data suggests you will be reasonably considered at Cornell even with that LSAT.

ragabol

New

Post by ragabol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:10 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:Edit: Also, since you said you have legitimately no idea where to apply, im going to go ahead and assume you havent done much research into this whole law school thing yet. Thats ok, but browse these forums, they truly are a great resource. Also, if you do retake, head over to the LSAT prep forum, theres a lot of useful info in there. How much prep did you put in the first time? What were your PT averages? Do you feel you can do better?
Sorry, probably should have clarified this earlier. I am about to finish my undergrad at UCLA with a major in philosophy. I took the LSAT back in February. I studied for well over a month; I started around the holidays and studied right up until I took the test. I put alot of time into studying though, usually 4 plus hours a day without fail. PT averages were in the 167-169 range, so I'm not sure how much I could improve my score...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 pm

ragabol wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:Edit: Also, since you said you have legitimately no idea where to apply, im going to go ahead and assume you havent done much research into this whole law school thing yet. Thats ok, but browse these forums, they truly are a great resource. Also, if you do retake, head over to the LSAT prep forum, theres a lot of useful info in there. How much prep did you put in the first time? What were your PT averages? Do you feel you can do better?
Sorry, probably should have clarified this earlier. I am about to finish my undergrad at UCLA with a major in philosophy. I took the LSAT back in February. I studied for well over a month; I started around the holidays and studied right up until I took the test. I put alot of time into studying though, usually 4 plus hours a day without fail. PT averages were in the 167-169 range, so I'm not sure how much I could improve my score...
What prep materials did you use? A month is an OK amount of time to study but its not optimal.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:54 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
ragabol wrote:
What prep materials did you use? A month is an OK amount of time to study but its not optimal.
lol no. if you scored 168 after a month, you could easily, easily break 170 with 4-5 months of solid study. 1 month is weak sauce. study this summer, take a class if you have the $$, retake October.

edit: I was actually going to say originally that all the "Retake" calls were unnecessary since 168 is relatively solid, but after hearing your study time, that it was during school (never effective), that it was a first take, and that you have the entire summer/fall to study/apply? Retake.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 am

jbagelboy wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
ragabol wrote:
lol no. if you scored 168 after a month, you could easily, easily break 170 with 4-5 months of solid study. 1 month is weak sauce. study this summer, take a class if you have the $$, retake October.

edit: I was actually going to say originally that all the "Retake" calls were unnecessary since 168 is relatively solid, but after hearing your study time, that it was during school (never effective), that it was a first take, and that you have the entire summer/fall to study/apply? Retake.
Let me clarify that by "ok" I mean "meh." Totally not advising anyone to only study for a month!

OP, I took the LSAT after a month, scored similarly, and then retook after studying for four months. I went up 2 points, my GPA is shitty, and now I'm going to my top choice school. 100% worth it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”