Weak softs, non-URM, large public university.
I've applied to most of the T14, but I'm curious if it's worth throwing an app at Stanford and Harvard this late in the game? Should I just not waste the money, and wait to hear back from everywhere else?
Thank you for your opinions!
170/4.03 Forum
-
jym_dawg

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm
Re: 170/4.03
Might as well apply. Eliminates the lingering "what if..."
-
vzapana

- Posts: 530
- Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm
Re: 170/4.03
yeah, and dean deal has said she doesn't hold anything against later applicants.jym_dawg wrote:Might as well apply. Eliminates the lingering "what if..."
-
Jose Reyes

- Posts: 27
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm
Re: 170/4.03
If you really want HYS, then retake for a few more points...reapply next cycle.
-
nebula666

- Posts: 778
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm
Re: 170/4.03
In at Chicago and down with decent money, probably a full ride at UVA, but you need to retake for YSH and Columbia. 1 more point will open up Harvard / Columbia, 2 more makes HS a lock and any more gives you a chance at Yale.
- Cobretti

- Posts: 2593
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am
Re: 170/4.03
Stanford weighs softs more than probably any other school, but OP is still at LSAT median and above 75th for gpa. I think they'd have a better shot there than H. Either way worth throwing the app to both unless $100 is that important to you.JamMasterJ wrote:maybe H, no YS