Chances vs waiting a cycle -- Feb LSAT scores?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Post Reply

Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Chances vs waiting a cycle -- Feb LSAT scores?

Post by bbsg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am

Hi all,

So I have a 3.9/165. I was prepping consistently around 174 so the 165 was a serious bummer (blew two games). Obviously a rewrite is in order. Obviously a 3.9/174 has more doors open than a 3.9/165, both in terms of admissions and funding.

I see that a lot of schools don't accept Feb LSAT scores for the cycle in question because it's too far into the cycle. The obvious solution here is that I rewrite in December, but I'll probably be out of the country at an international conference from Nov 25 to Dec 8 so that's out of the question. Is it possible to insert an addendum requesting schools to hold off rejecting me until my Feb score, even if they say they don't accept Feb scores? I imagine not, but you collectively have more experience than me with this. If I'm w/l'ed at a school, will they accept my Feb score if I'm still on the w/l come March?

If you were in my position, would you just duck out of the conference and write in December and hope for the best? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

User avatar

Posts: 2282
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Chances vs waiting a cycle -- Feb LSAT scores?

Post by TheThriller » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 am

I am retaking in Feb with the intention of waiting a cycle.

I already have apps out but we will see. However, the general consensus is that you will have a better cycle applying early next cycle then late Feb this cycle.

Post Reply

Return to “What are my chances?”