California schools- help! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kaydee

New

California schools- help!

Post by kaydee » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Took the Oct. 2012 LSAT with hopes of getting 168-171 to make up for my not so great GPA (3.18- drastically better last 2 years once I switched majors to something I was more passionate about, so thinking about an addendum). Ended up with a 166 :/ Underwhelming. Really really prefer not to retake as I`m 2 years out of UG at this point and don't want to delay any longer. Could re-take though if a 169 will drastically improve chances and $$. Below are stats and schools I`m hoping for, let me know if you have any insight as to my chances or school-specific tips for applications. Thanks!

GPA: 3.18
LSAT: 166

UC Hastings, UC Irvine, Loyola LA, Pepperdine (safety), USD, UW (reach)

cinephile

Gold

Re: California schools- help!

Post by cinephile » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm

You know the answer to your question. You need to retake. Anywhere you could get in now wouldn't be worth it unless your family is paying for your degree and offering you a guaranteed job upon graduation.

Rahviveh

Gold

Re: California schools- help!

Post by Rahviveh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

kaydee wrote:Could re-take though if a 169 will drastically improve chances and $$.
Okay, then retake and avoid these schools or at least get big schollies at them.

Return to “What are my chances?”