3.83/164. Go ahead and put in apps? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ALgooner

Bronze

3.83/164. Go ahead and put in apps?

Post by ALgooner » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm going to retake in December. I was PTing around 164 though, so I don't expect to improve that much. I would be really happy with a 166.

My questions is this: should I put in apps anywhere before my December LSAT? The thinking there would be to get the app in early, and then update once I get my new score. Of course, I run the risk of being denied before I have the chance to submit the new score. I am shooting for schools in the 10-20 range, although I know I don't really stand a chance at the t14 as my score is now.

1 year of work experience, with some extensive volunteer work.

Thanks for any advice!

ALgooner

Bronze

Re: 3.83/164. Go ahead and put in apps?

Post by ALgooner » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am

Anyone?

ALgooner

Bronze

Post by ALgooner » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

I think I have decided to go ahead and apply to some of the schools that I think I would be competitive at with my score. I am assuming that even though I am taking the Dec LSAT, I will be able to indicate that I want to go ahead and be considered with the scores I have now at these schools? I am fairly sure I wouldn't be rejected at these schools outright, so hopefully this way I can get the advantage that comes with applying before December. I am thinking:

BU
BC
U Colorado
Minnesota
GW
U Washington

Any thoughts on my chances at these school with the numbers I have now?

sdmelzer

New

Post by sdmelzer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 pm

No thoughts, but I am pretty much in the exact situation and thus am offering you a bump because I am interested in what people have to say. Hope we get some feedback.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 pm

ALgooner wrote: BU
BC
U Colorado
Minnesota
GW
U Washington

You have a really good shot at ALL those schools with your current numbers. Retaking and hitting median means big $$ from them. Good luck!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”