effect on chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jess1921

New

effect on chances

Post by jess1921 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Last edited by jess1921 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Re: effect on chances

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sgtpeppernyc

Bronze

Post by Sgtpeppernyc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 pm

I was 3.75 and 170 from NYU, got dinged by both Penn and Columbia RD, but it's often a crapshoot, especially since you're looking ED.

Your disciplinary issues will be fine. Somewhat embarrassingly, I have a fairly lengthy (i.e. longer than yours) disciplinary record, comprised of drinking infractions, and everything else that goes with that. While I can't say how much it affected my admissions, I'm currently a 2L at GULC, and writing this while on the Acella to an interview at a top 100 firm. Point is, it's a VERY common tale ... more people than you realize have college shenanigans on their resumes, and I know people who got in with drug write-ups or minor criminal infractions. As a rule of thumb, unless the school has reason to believe you won't make it past C&F, it won't affect you too much.

That said, disclose both. C&F boards hate cheeky word games; the worst thing you can do is play one on your addendum. The consequences when you make it to C&F (which, mind you, come after you've already gone through $200k+ of tuition) are far more severe than the minor (if any) ding to your transcript.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on my exploits or would like me to review your addendum.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Maybe the pumpkin stealing will help you. I feel like that's not what admissions officers usually see :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”