2.9 GPA 158 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
latinomike

New

2.9 GPA 158 LSAT

Post by latinomike » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello,
I am applying for law school this fall. So far I have taken 3 practice tests and have scored 158. I have a 2.9 GPA. I am latino, first generation college student, and poor.

What are my chances for:
Berkeley
UCLA
Hasting
Davis
USC

I really want to go to usc law school. I am taking a blueprint class soon to raise my lsat. I know I can raise. I just need to learn how to tackle logical reasoning and logic games questions.

What LSAT must I get to be accepted to USC or any of the other law schools?

JCFindley

Silver

Re: 2.9 GPA 158 LSAT

Post by JCFindley » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:05 am

No idea on the answers here but try the LSAT portion of this forum for advice akin to miracle work when it comes to improving your LSAT. It is in fact a very learnable test.

Colonel Angus

New

Post by Colonel Angus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:21 am

Most people wont answer these until you have a real lsat, like the above poster mentioned there are many great resources on here for study help. What kind of latino matters for if you get the urm bump. California schools are very gpa whoreish, so I dont think you really have a shot at usc, ucla or berkeley. Get a 172 and you have a good shot at some lower t14 s.

Basically check out lawschoolnumbers.com until you have a real score then come back and ask.

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 am

latinomike wrote:Hello,
I am applying for law school this fall. So far I have taken 3 practice tests and have scored 158. I have a 2.9 GPA. I am latino, first generation college student, and poor.

What are my chances for:
Berkeley
UCLA
Hasting
Davis
USC

I really want to go to USC Law school. I am taking a blueprint class soon to raise my lsat. I know I can raise. I just need to learn how to tackle logical reasoning and logic games questions.

What LSAT must I get to be accepted to USC or any of the other law schools?
No chance anywhere except Hastings (should get in) and maybe get waitlisted at Davis.

Best of luck!

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com

ryemanhattan

Bronze

Post by ryemanhattan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:46 am

Cali schools, unfortunately, really like high gpas, which you don't have. your URM status (and first gen college student status, to a lesser extent) will help, but unless you can score in at least the high 160s on the lsat, most of those schools are highly unlikely. If you can score above a school's 75th% lsat score, you'll have a good shot. Berkeley with a 2.9 gpa is highly unlikely, even if you score well into the 170s on the lsat.

Take a look at UC Irvine as well.

Good luck on the LSAT and beyond.

latinomike

New

Post by latinomike » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank You everyone. I have 3 months to study for LSAT and raise my score!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”