Lawschoolpredictor = accurate? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jblev1

New

Re: Lawschoolpredictor = accurate?

Post by jblev1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 am

Yeah its totally accurate, just make sure you inflate your gpa to 5 or your lsat score to 1600 from 160, you will get in everywhere!

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:11 am

NYCcops wrote:It does not take certain variables into consideration, both good and bad. Examples include arrests such as DUIs on the bad side of the spectrum or being legacy on the good side of the spectrum.
I'm not sure that arrests factor much into the process. I have a DUI from about 6 years ago and it I have yet to be denied admission based on it including admission into some 1st tier schools.

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:24 am

fastforward wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Isn't LSP based on data from LSN ?
Yes
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173

LSAC's admission predictor is great as far as it goes, because it is based on data reported from the law schools. Unfortunately many schools have chosen not to participate in reporting, including seven of the T14. http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/U ... ALSAT.aspx
Can anyone offer some insight as to why the LSP and LSAC predictor tools offer such radically different outcomes? I weep openly every time I use the LSAC tool.

jblev1

New

Post by jblev1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 am

Is the lsac page more stringent on admittance reqs?

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:08 am

dcwumpus wrote:
fastforward wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Isn't LSP based on data from LSN ?
Yes
http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=173

LSAC's admission predictor is great as far as it goes, because it is based on data reported from the law schools. Unfortunately many schools have chosen not to participate in reporting, including seven of the T14. http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/U ... ALSAT.aspx
Can anyone offer some insight as to why the LSP and LSAC predictor tools offer such radically different outcomes? I weep openly every time I use the LSAC tool.
Same, I really hope that my chances at Michigan aren't UNDER those of a coin flip... :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 pm

SG09 wrote:
WhatSarahSaid wrote:To echo the above sentiments, it's too optimistic in the sense that it ignores individual schools' idiosyncrasies. Being out-of-state at Virginia, not having WE for Northwestern, and not having awesome softs for Yale/Stanford will all hurt you badly in the admissions process, and LSP doesn't account for those things.
Any other idiosyncrasies in the T14 that LSP fails to take into account?

I've heard that Berkeley and maybe Duke have GPA floors that likely rule me out at those schools, even though LSP has them as Considers for me (I'm in the 3.5-3.6 range). Anything else in there I should know about?

Also what sort of application time-line is LSP assuming? I applied to most schools around Christmas, which I gather from this forum is a bit late. Based on that, should I be much less optimistic about my chances than LSP tells me I should?
Going by LSN Duke seems to like top UGs for borderline candidates. ie 3.5-3.6 170-173 is almost all WL except for a few people from T10 UGs.

fastforward

Bronze

Post by fastforward » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:27 pm

We were slow to believe in yield protect until I looked at the LSAC numbers. Remember, LSAC data is reported by the schools and LSP relies on self-reported data on LSN. We posted about this recently --LinkRemoved--

Keep in mind: Distinguish between what is in your control and what is not at this point; move forward accordingly. Knowledge is power.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:15 am

I'm in at several Denys. LSN is a lot better.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 am

brochocinco wrote:The best thing LSP provides is an estimate of where your reach and safety schools will fall. I think they have recently become more sensitive to the individual school biases than in the past. I've always found LSN more interesting and reliable anyway.
How many times have you applied to know which is better or is this just an unqualified opinion?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”