Good southeastern school Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ryleez

New

Good southeastern school

Post by ryleez » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 am

with a 154 LSAT and a 4.0 in BA economics and 3.9 BA in English, what would be the best school that I could get into in the southeast? I played college football at jacksonville state and found little time to squeeze in LSAT prep, and I am not taking that damned LSAT again.

LSU Undergrad

New

Re: Good southeastern school

Post by LSU Undergrad » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 am

UNC is one of the biggest GPA weighted more than LSAT schools around, so that would probably be your best shot.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 am

Alabama may be a bit of a reach, but it's your best bet due to the cheap in state tuition.

Other schools you're likely to get into, but you shouldn't necessarily go to:

Cumberland
Mercer
John Marshall
Jones
Loyola
Southern
Tennessee
South Carolina
Campbell
etc...

Of course you should also throw apps to UGA, Tulane,etc... as reaches;you never know what will happen.

UNC isn't your best shot because they fill their class with 80% in state students. It'll be very difficult for you to manage an admission there, but again, nothing wrong with trying.

Also, retake. Don't waste that great gpa.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 am

Aqualibrium wrote:Also, retake. Don't waste that great gpa.
I agree. You'll be glad you did later, even if only for the extra scholarship money. Don't sell yourself short mang.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 pm

ryleez wrote:with a 154 LSAT and a 4.0 in BA economics and 3.9 BA in English, what would be the best school that I could get into in the southeast? I played college football at jacksonville state and found little time to squeeze in LSAT prep, and I am not taking that damned LSAT again.
By not retaking, you're passing up some mighty potential scholarship offers (not to mention post-grad employability). If you got a 154 with "little time to squeeze in LSAT prep," several months of concentrated study could raise your score ten points. Please do yourself a favor and consider a retake. So many doors will open up for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am

If you don't retake, you might be screwed.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am

rad law wrote:If you don't retake, you mightwill definitely be screwed.
If you can't find the motivation to retake an entrance exam that will dictate all of your foreseeable future, then don't go to law school.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am

If you had said "I studied real hard and only got a 155" I would say "OK, that's fine. Go to Miami or hope for UF via the waitlist." But you didn't say that. You said your too lazy to actually study correctly for the test for 3-5 extra points that would make a huge difference in the type of school you get to attend, the money you are offered, and the life you get to lead due to there being actual jobs available. Don't waste your GPA/soft factor combo.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 am

mst wrote:If you had said "I studied real hard and only got a 155" I would say "OK, that's fine. Go to Miami or hope for UF via the waitlist." But you didn't say that. You said your too lazy to actually study correctly for the test for 3-5 extra points that would make a huge difference in the type of school you get to attend, the money you are offered, and the life you get to lead due to there being actual jobs available. Don't waste your GPA/soft factor combo.
With the proper studying regimen, the OP could easily increase his score 10 points, if not more.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”