Nervous splitter chances... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
almostfamous

Bronze

Nervous splitter chances...

Post by almostfamous » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

Hey all, I'd done one of these before but now that I've submitted all my applications I'm getting really nervous that I don't really have a good chance at any of the schools that I've applied to. LSP says that I'm an admit, but there aren't very many people on LSN with numbers like mine.

Stats: 3.1, 177
Non-URM science major, no particularly interesting softs, average PS, average-good LORs

Here are the schools I've submitted so far:

ED at Michigan, but there are so few data points for people with my numbers that have done ED that I don't really know what my chances are
UVA
GULC (interviewed)
Vandy (interviewed)
WUSTL
Chicago, Columbia (no chance, I know)
Cornell
UCLA

Any thoughts at my chances at these? I think I'm in dire need of some safeties, any suggestions? I'm planning on sending in an application to UNC (I'm an NC resident and go to undergrad there), but anything other than that??

Maybe I'm just looking for a boost of optimism because I've been feeling very negative about my chances lately

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: Nervous splitter chances...

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 am

I understand your nerves. I'm a splitter too, and there were 4 people with my numbers on LSN last year (and that's with a .05 GPA range!).

I'd say you'll probably get Cornell. They seem to really like splitters. WUSTL also likes high LSAT's. The others, I don't know about.

Where do you want to practice? That will help narrow down safeties.

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Post by D-ROCCA » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:30 am

You'll be fine, you don't need any safeties unless you are super debt averse and are looking to score a full ride.

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:35 am

I would have no problem paying sticker to go to a T-14, and no particular care about where I'd want to live or practice, except not NC if at all possible (thus why UNC is my last choice)

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:00 am

WUSTL is a good enough safety with your numbers, but if you want more, add Illinois and Minnesota too.

gambelda

Bronze

Post by gambelda » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 am

why did you apply to chicago if you ED to Michigan? If you're getting into Chicago then you are definitely getting into Michigan under ED which automatically binds you out of Chicago...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”