Please Help - Serious Consideration Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
merichard87

Silver

Re: Please Help - Serious Consideration

Post by merichard87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 am

OP your posts are oozing desperation. Calm down.

As for LSAT Prep Materials: Powerscore Bibles, Every Prep Test you can find and some determination.

The application process for law school starts the September/October of the year before your first day of class (i.e. if you want to start law school Fall of 2012 you would begin applying Fall 2011). Apply the first day apps open which usually means taking the December or February LSAT the year before which allows you time to re-take in June if necessary.

You still have a shot at the lower T14 if you can put together a good package meaning LSAT score first and foremost and then LORs, PS and if applicable DS. And if you are a resident of Virginia I would definitely put alot of effort into UVA specifically.

Shoot for a 180 on the LSAT and good luck.

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 am

Billy Blanks wrote:Look, it sounds like you're panicking. There's no need for that (at least, not right now).

Read these articles: http://www.top-law-schools.com/admissions-articles.html. Seriously, it will give you a much better picture of the admissions process than the random (albeit solid) advice that you're getting from the posters in this thread. Once you read all of the articles, get a 180. After all of that, come back to the forums with your LSAT score and basic knowledge of the admissions game. People on here will totally help you out, will walk you through your options and strategies, and will provide emotional support. However, there is no point "planning" for anything without working knowledge and a score. Good luck.
The articles pretend that there's more of an emphasis on softs than there actually is.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 am

Surprised no one has asked OP this yet.

1) What are your goals?

2) Where do you want to practice?

LSHopeful2

New

Post by LSHopeful2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Last edited by LSHopeful2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 pm

romothesavior wrote:Surprised no one has asked OP this yet.

1) What are your goals?

2) Where do you want to practice?
Doesn't matter, TCR is 170 and ED to UVa.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:55 pm

LSHopeful2 wrote:Thanks for the advice.

1) My Goals? They are definitely to join BigLaw, or a nationally known firm, and practice mainly in Chicago, New York, LA, Dc, SF, many places. Where you went to law school matters very much to these firms, so that is why I am very intent on pursuing a top 14.
--ImageRemoved--

But seriously... With your GPA, you're going to either need an awesome LSAT or take time off, score a 170+ and ED to NW. Your T14 odds are not good without a 170+, and the T6 is pretty much a no-go no matter what you score.

And DF, without knowing his LSAT, it is impossible to know whether a 170 is even a possibility. He should be considering some of the more regional schools as well.

LSHopeful2

New

Post by LSHopeful2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Last edited by LSHopeful2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:21 pm

LSHopeful2 wrote:Again, I understand at this point it is a huge task to accomplish and one must be realistic. I know. Hopefully, as you aver, applying with ED to the other schools and building up my background more can work in a positive way to begin attracting the T-14 Range. That is my only goal. No need to be jocular and post a picture and shatter my dreams, I was just answering your question about my goals. Thanks again.
Dude, I wasn't shattering your dreams. I'm being realistic. T6 ain't gonna happen, and T14 ain't gonna happen without a very high LSAT. As for being jocular, that's free of charge. Welcome to TLS.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, you should really start to expect that the people around you will be douchebags from here on out. Even when they're being nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSHopeful2

New

Post by LSHopeful2 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Last edited by LSHopeful2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

LSHopeful2 wrote:^I knew that as well, and at this point have garnered all the necessary information about what is more possible rather than probable. BTW, regarding the earlier post, I am not in Virginia, but if UVa is a national name for BigLaw then I would definitely not disregard the option of attending. T-14, or T-20, even, would be great. Thanks again.

All I can do is just remain positive and give my best and hopefully things will bode well for me. Thanks again to you helpers.
Yeah, UVA has the largest percentage of its class go to BigLaw, I've been told. On the other hand it's also apparently VERY "fratty."

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:15 am

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:09 am

merichard87 wrote: (i.e. if you want to start law school Fall of 2012 you would begin applying Fall 2011).
Shoot for a 180 on the LSAT and good luck.
This is exactly what I am planning on doing. I will have about the same Gpa as you but my reach isnt as high as yours. My goal is to get into Cinci with a decent scholarship (possible URM).

If you plan on applying Fall 2012 then I say take the Feb 2011 LSAT (dec=exam distractions) and if you don't score then a retake in June would still give you ample time to start writing PS, DS (if needed), and "why...."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSHopeful2

New

Post by LSHopeful2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”