. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
anonis

New

Post by anonis » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Last edited by anonis on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gwuorbust

Gold

Re: 166/3.35 w Arrest Record

Post by gwuorbust » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 am

Was arrested my freshman year of college for something along the lines of criminal mischief, charges were dismissed, but I signed something that basically says I was guilty and I have the arrest on my record, hoping to expunge in a year.
won't help, but if you write a solid addendum and apply next cycle (pretty late now) then it will be able to negate that to a degree. Make sure to own up to it, say you've learned from it and don't sound whiny.
My softs are terrible, no clubs or extracurriculars or anything since I was thinking about starting my own business rather than go to law school.. Ive been on Dean's List twice and am attending my current university with an academic scholarship, besides that I'm drawing a blank on what else to include. No work experience/internships since I managed to make a good amount working from home/internet.
so wait, were u able to start your own business? If so, that is a good soft... what I wrote about as my PS. Entrepreneurship is looked upon highly by adcomms, at least that is my understanding.

KmissP

Bronze

Post by KmissP » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 am

I had about the same numbers as you, with a... er... history... but with entrepreneurial experience. Account for your behavior the best you can, show that you're NOT that person anymore, and show what kind of person you ARE.

anonis

New

Post by anonis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:19 pm

thanks guys, any ideas as to where to apply besides the above?

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Criminal Mischief? Pretty minor, so I wouldn't worry too much about it affecting your cycle. And so you know, even if you get it expunged, almost all law schools are going to ask you to include things that have been expunged.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 pm

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

you got a good chance and T20-T30 but its late in the cycle so anything can happen. if your willing to wait (even though you stated you want to apply this cycle) and apply early nexy year you have a shot at Texas-Austin Cornell . also if decide to apply next year you can do some volunteer work or something to help your credentials.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”