Car/Transportation at Case Western Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
JustWannaGetIn

New

Car/Transportation at Case Western

Post by JustWannaGetIn » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm really stuck on whether or not to bring a car. I'm an out-of-stater and am not familiar with the area (although I've been using google maps like crazy to get some sort of bearing of the Case law school and the surrounding area.

I really prefer NOT to bring a car but would like to hear anyone's (current Case students, locals, incoming Case 1Ls) opinion. thanks~

tarheels19

New

Re: Car/Transportation at Case Western

Post by tarheels19 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:45 pm

i'll be at case in the fall (out of state as well) and i definitely will be bringing a car.. the apartment i leased is relatively close( < 1 mile ), but i'd still like to be able to go downtown whenever i want to

Case2L

Bronze

Post by Case2L » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:07 pm

I've since graduated & left the area, but while I was there they were constructing a transit line that goes from University Circle to Downtown. It's probably complete by now. If you live in University Circle, Little Italy, or Cleveland Heights, you probably don't need a car, but it's certainly helpful when you want to take weekend excursions. I'd strongly suggest Cleveland's Metroparks system - definitely one of the best park systems in the country. They have great little parks around the city & it's surroundings that make you forget you're in an urban, high traffic area. In any event, public transportation in Cleveland is surprisingly efficient so a car is not a necessity, but merely recommended.

wwarren

New

Post by wwarren » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm

tarheels19 wrote:i'll be at case in the fall (out of state as well) and i definitely will be bringing a car.. the apartment i leased is relatively close( < 1 mile ), but i'd still like to be able to go downtown whenever i want to
I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm living in Cleveland Heights, about a mile and a quarter from the law school, and could probably walk.

OP, I've heard that walking to school is pretty doable for most of the year but during the deep winter months it might be pretty tough to walk everywhere you need to. If you're living with someone else and could catch a ride when weather is bad I'm sure that you could walk or even ride a bike.

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am

Take a car. Cleveland is very car friendly (low traffic/relatively inexpensive parking), and the public transportation is subpar (even with the "new" transit line.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tarheels19

New

Post by tarheels19 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 am

wwarren wrote:
tarheels19 wrote:i'll be at case in the fall (out of state as well) and i definitely will be bringing a car.. the apartment i leased is relatively close( < 1 mile ), but i'd still like to be able to go downtown whenever i want to
I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm living in Cleveland Heights, about a mile and a quarter from the law school, and could probably walk.

OP, I've heard that walking to school is pretty doable for most of the year but during the deep winter months it might be pretty tough to walk everywhere you need to. If you're living with someone else and could catch a ride when weather is bad I'm sure that you could walk or even ride a bike.

yea i'm living at park lane villas.. i got a parking pass even tho its about .8 miles away, but i plan on walking during the 5 months of decent weather cleveland gets :roll: and then driving the others... after attending the ASD and driving around U. Circle and the surrounding areas i'd definitely bring a car if it's available

Robinste

New

Post by Robinste » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:56 pm

I would say bring a car, if nothing else, I don't know if there's a Target within walking distance of campus (or whatever else you might need...that's just what I'm always on the lookout for!). I'm a Cleveland native, and will be going to Case in the fall, and have been contemplating taking the bus to school everyday from the West side (about an hour commute....a little longer than driving). But if I was from out of state, I would definitely bring a car.

Also, I talked to a current 1L at the January open house, and he recommended the parking pass to me...for convenience sake. He said there's enough to worry about in law school, aside from trying to catch the bus across the city. Of course, if you have an apt close, that's no big deal...but seriously, how are you going to get that 100 pack of ramen home? :wink:

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Current student. Life was hell before I brought my car. Half the decent jobs are off campus. If you ever want to go off the meal-plan car is a must. Public transport is sketchy as fuck. But, parking on campus is expensive.

If you are talking about just for the admitted students weekend though, well, you may already be here. But, car not needed for only a weekend.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Visits”