Indiana Law-Bloomington Housing and Transportation Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
EzTakeOut

New

Indiana Law-Bloomington Housing and Transportation

Post by EzTakeOut » Sat May 30, 2009 9:47 pm

What's good fellow and soon to be Hoosiers

I’m making a trip over to Indiana in a couple of weeks, and was hoping a few of you could help me out with recommended housing. Any specifics on potential areas to live, apartment buildings, and recommendations for daily transportation will be greatly appreciated. Also, other trip(s) that might contribute to a smooth transition from Los Angeles to Bloomington (the city and the school of law) will help.

Thanks

Bankhead

Silver

Re: Indiana Law-Bloomington Housing and Transportation

Post by Bankhead » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Live close to the law school. There are some apartments very close to the school. Beyond that, I don't remember the specifics.

mommamia

New

Post by mommamia » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Where you live will depend on how much you want to pay. There are fairly inexpensive apartments near the football stadium. New apartments are located in the downtown area (more expensive). Downtown would be a bit more convenient of a walk, though bus routes run throughout the area (including the football stadium area). There are many homes for rent as well (which might be closer to the law school).

crobbins3

New

Post by crobbins3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm class of 2012 and have this available:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1215372958
--LinkRemoved--.

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom ground floor apt. - BRAND NEW, only one graduate student occupant since construction. Furnished, in-unit washer and dryer, patio. Rent includes water, internet, and cable TV. Walk to Kroger, College Mall, or several bus stops. Unbeatable amenities. Available May, June, and July. Call (812) 333-9868 and ask about unit 3101-4.

Good luck! Objectively speaking, living near the law school is nice, but I chose to live about five minutes away because I can get way more apartment for my money, and taking the bus is so easy, I don't even bother driving to school. And don't buy any parking permits unless you can't walk a couple of blocks - you will always find street parking on Dunn and 2 hour spots on the law school block will also come in handy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”