BC/BU ASW Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
benetnash

New

BC/BU ASW

Post by benetnash » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:47 pm

I believe the ASW for both Boston College and Boston University are March 26th. Is anyone accepted to both schools planning on attending one event over the other? I'm flying in from WA State for the weekend and am not sure how to divide my time.

Also, what's the plan for lodging? Any ideas?

itsfine

Bronze

Re: BC/BU ASW

Post by itsfine » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 pm

i hope i get to choose to go to one over the other

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 am

benetnash wrote:I believe the ASW for both Boston College and Boston University are March 26th. Is anyone accepted to both schools planning on attending one event over the other? I'm flying in from WA State for the weekend and am not sure how to divide my time.

Right now I'm leaning towards BU, but I like really BC too, so I'm waiting on scholarship money before I make a final decision.

beamsmehome

New

Post by beamsmehome » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 pm

benetnash wrote:I believe the ASW for both Boston College and Boston University are March 26th. Is anyone accepted to both schools planning on attending one event over the other? I'm flying in from WA State for the weekend and am not sure how to divide my time.

I'm doing the same thing. I plan on dividing my time; I would like to visit both. I'm not sure how to do that yet, though. I got a call from a BU student over the weekend and asked her about this. She said she would inquire and someone would get back to me, so if I get any new info I will post it.

As for lodgings, I am lucky because I can stay with someone I know who lives in Boston. Otherwise, I think some schools have discounts at hotels or maybe the option of rooming with a student for the weekend.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:49 pm

I think I'm just going to the BC one. I'll be driving up for the day from CT (about a two hours drive.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Seeing as BC is waiting to send out scholarship info, I'm tentatively going to the BU one, since they have already made me a really nice offer. If BC throws something good my way in the next 2 weeks, I may reconsider.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 pm

tram988 wrote:I think I'm just going to the BC one. I'll be driving up for the day from CT (about a two hours drive.)
You weren't accepted to BU - so of course you're only going to the BC one.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
tram988 wrote:I think I'm just going to the BC one. I'll be driving up for the day from CT (about a two hours drive.)
I was waitlisted. I didn't know this precluded me from attending the BU one? Why the animosity?

I thought waitlisted applicants could attend ASW? If not, I'll live!

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:01 pm

tram988 wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:
I was waitlisted. I didn't know this precluded me from attending the BU one? Why the animosity?

I thought waitlisted applicants could attend ASW? If not, I'll live!
Haha... no animosity. But yea, Accepted Student Weekends are for Accepted Students - didn't realize people didn't know that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Ohh I thought I read awhile back that waitlisted applicants could go as well. I guess this makes my decision easier :P

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm going to the BU preview, but I'll be staying with my friend who goes to BC, so it's sort of like I'll be attending both... :?

cboo

New

Post by cboo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm finding this really frustrating. Why can't they have them back-to-back instead of on the same day?

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm

cboo wrote:I'm finding this really frustrating. Why can't they have them back-to-back instead of on the same day?
they can, but they won't, because nobody likes a Thursday preview day.

IMO, denying prospective students the opportunity to visit the other school is just a tactic aimed at securing more admits. So many people have to choose between BC and BU, and those people, myself included, are more likely to choose the school they've previewed (in the absence of other factors). A bit of a psychological game.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm pretty sure there's also a preview day on 4/9 for BU (at least I hope there is, bc that's what I registered for!) ... so it's definitely possible to do both!

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 pm

very curious about a way to go to both

getmetolawschool

New

Post by getmetolawschool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 pm

well .. i suppose it's still not possible to do both if you're coming from super far away / paying for flights. neverminddd! :p

therealfp

New

Post by therealfp » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:22 pm

getmetolawschool wrote:well .. i suppose it's still not possible to do both if you're coming from super far away / paying for flights. neverminddd! :p
that's the issue for me at least

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goblue2010

New

Post by goblue2010 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:30 pm

i'm in the same boat and can't fly out to boston twice. i'm going to the school that offered me a scholarship (don't want to post too much details on these boards) on the actual day of the open house, and have scheduled a separate tour and visit the day before with the school that did not offer me a scholarship. it was a little awkward to call and ask, but the person was very nice and offered to get me a tour, allow me to sit in on a class, and meet with someone in the admissions office. they didn't say anything about the other school or why i can't go on the actual date, they were very accomodating.

benetnash

New

Post by benetnash » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 pm

goblue2010 wrote:i'm in the same boat and can't fly out to boston twice. i'm going to the school that offered me a scholarship (don't want to post too much details on these boards) on the actual day of the open house, and have scheduled a separate tour and visit the day before with the school that did not offer me a scholarship. it was a little awkward to call and ask, but the person was very nice and offered to get me a tour, allow me to sit in on a class, and meet with someone in the admissions office. they didn't say anything about the other school or why i can't go on the actual date, they were very accomodating.
I've pretty much decided on attending BU's Preview Day, so hopefully I can work out something similar with the administration at BC. I'm still very interested in both schools, so I agree its incredibly frustrating that I've got to give one of them less attention.

Any thoughts on transportation? I'm flying into Providence, RI (cheaper airfare), so I'm toying with the idea of renting a car to make the drive to Boston, but I'd rather just take a shuttle if having a car for the weekend would be total hell/completely unnecessary.

Small Law

New

Post by Small Law » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:58 pm

I was accepted to BU but waitlisted at BC. Luckily there is a second open house that you can attend if you get off the waitlist at either school. Call the schools and see when these are held. You get the same info you would have gotten without the glitz.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Small Law wrote:I was accepted to BU but waitlisted at BC. Luckily there is a second open house that you can attend if you get off the waitlist at either school. Call the schools and see when these are held. You get the same info you would have gotten without the glitz.
Dude. You are the worst poster on TLS. Make up your mind... are you A). working at a firm in the midwest like you said in a previous thread B). a law school applicant (this is the first time I've seen you post as one) or C). a disgruntled law student.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

goblue2010

New

Post by goblue2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:49 pm

benetnash wrote:
goblue2010 wrote:i'm in the same boat and can't fly out to boston twice. i'm going to the school that offered me a scholarship (don't want to post too much details on these boards) on the actual day of the open house, and have scheduled a separate tour and visit the day before with the school that did not offer me a scholarship. it was a little awkward to call and ask, but the person was very nice and offered to get me a tour, allow me to sit in on a class, and meet with someone in the admissions office. they didn't say anything about the other school or why i can't go on the actual date, they were very accomodating.
I've pretty much decided on attending BU's Preview Day, so hopefully I can work out something similar with the administration at BC. I'm still very interested in both schools, so I agree its incredibly frustrating that I've got to give one of them less attention.

Any thoughts on transportation? I'm flying into Providence, RI (cheaper airfare), so I'm toying with the idea of renting a car to make the drive to Boston, but I'd rather just take a shuttle if having a car for the weekend would be total hell/completely unnecessary.

I believe both schools are accessible by a T-stop (although I think the T to BC takes you to their main campus and then you take a bus to the LS? I would assume it's pretty tough to find parking near either school??

kams

New

Post by kams » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
Small Law wrote:I was accepted to BU but waitlisted at BC. Luckily there is a second open house that you can attend if you get off the waitlist at either school. Call the schools and see when these are held. You get the same info you would have gotten without the glitz.
Dude. You are the worst poster on TLS. Make up your mind... are you A). working at a firm in the midwest like you said in a previous thread B). a law school applicant (this is the first time I've seen you post as one) or C). a disgruntled law student.

No kidding. I've seen this guy be everything from a recruiter for east coast law firms, to a prospective law student. But the common denominator is that he always posts on BC threads talking about how awesome it is, or on BU threads talking about about how much it sucks and doesnt' deserve to be in the T35. I'm assuming he's a currect BC student who feels a little insecure.

I've also seen him on Law School Discussion starting a thread about how he "just graduated from BU" and hated it and no one ever uses the library, etc. Uh...everyone uses the library. If you're gonna lie, try and cover up your tracks a little better

goblue2010

New

Post by goblue2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:56 pm

BC's emails about the asd don't specify a dress code. Would it be safe to assume casual if nothing is specified?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:59 pm

goblue2010 wrote:BC's emails about the asd don't specify a dress code. Would it be safe to assume casual if nothing is specified?
Definitely casual. During an interview or something, you are trying to impress them and get them to pick you. Think of an open house as the complete opposite. They are the ones who want to impress you and get you to pick them. So totally casual.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”