Campus Visits on Weekend Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
kickincane21

Bronze

Campus Visits on Weekend

Post by kickincane21 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:11 pm

So I really want to visit most of the schools I've been accepted to but they are spread out over the country. I have never been on any of the campuses and really want to do more research than I did for undergrad.

I understand the highlight of visits is actually sitting in on a class and getting to talk to and see students as well as talking to financial aid and admissions.

Unfortunately to visit all these schools would require some time off work that I can' afford so was wondering how realistic/beneficial it was for me to visit on the weekends? Obviously financial aid and admissions is closed, but I can call financial aid later and I've already been admitted, but I'm bummed I won't get to sit in on a class. One school said they could set me up with a student ambassador from my undergrad to possibly meet up with so I can discuss the school and see the surrounding area....am I missing out a lot?

Maybe I could at lease use this to narrow down my search and then once I have complete finanical aid info and narros my schools down to 2 or 3 can go back and visit those during April admit days??

kickincane21

Bronze

Re: Campus Visits on Weekend

Post by kickincane21 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 pm

BUMP

Georgiana

Silver

Post by Georgiana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:26 pm

I don't think sitting in on a class is a huge deal. You'll see the classroom/facilities (you can do this without having a class), you'll see a professor you may or may not have and who may or may not be good, you'll see students answering questions when called on, and you'll see that pretty much every laptop screen has something completely unrelated to law school (facebook, news, games, gchat). I don't think that experience is make or break.

There are usually at least some students at law schools on the weekends (though most are probably in the library). You can probably sit down with a few if you're able to walk up to strangers and ask questions. This is probably better and more informative than spending the day with someone set up by Admissions. Those set up with admissions are more likely to sugar coat and push for your enrollment than people you find on your own.

kickincane21

Bronze

Post by kickincane21 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Thank you for your input. I think it is what i will end up doing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”