In at UC Irvine

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
google

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:58 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by google » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 pm

scantronix wrote:I got into UC Irvine. First school I heard back from and my top choice. I am feeling rather like a precious snowflake right now.

I submitted after the new year and they did not request my report until January 12th so I don't think you have much to worry about there.

Also, they must have offered 60 seats by now right? Even before I was offered mine? I mean, how's it going to work? And I assume they'll be offering more. What if they get more than 60 kids who want to go? Should I go sit on the front lawn? I can't imagine there are seat retainers since it's free...
I'm sure this will all be explained in the letter but just curious, even though I've asked this twice before on this same thread.
What were your numbers if you don't mind me asking?

User avatar
scantronix

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by scantronix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks :)

167 and 3.0.

clayboy

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by clayboy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:37 pm

"The Chem" called yesterday and we spoke for a while. I'm getting more and more excited about this opportunity. Studying up close with some serious professors, the sense of ownership over the entire school, the possibility of being a founding editor of law review?

I'm going to visit next week or the week after and meet with as many of the faculty as possible.

And tour the family housing.

User avatar
scantronix

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by scantronix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm kind of socially awkward and I especially hate talking on the phone. What do I do if he calls me?

Admitted students day is like April 3rd or 4th. I'm going to wait to meet people until then. Should I dress up for that? And what does the class look like so far? Is it disproportinately non-trads? I kind of get that sense, I don't know why.

User avatar
scantronix

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by scantronix » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Also, is UC Irvine giving preference to CA residents?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
pany1985

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by pany1985 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 pm

I sorta feel like the fact that I'm not from CA might've helped me

But then again, I have no idea

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 am

Here is an interesting fact... according to LSN of those accepted to UC Irvine.. 7/9 are women! whats up with the gender discrimination!! :shock:

Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 am

NoamChomsky wrote:Here is an interesting fact... according to LSN of those accepted to UC Irvine.. 7/9 are women! whats up with the gender discrimination!! :shock:
Look at their site! I am sure you will realize why. :lol:

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:16 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:Here is an interesting fact... according to LSN of those accepted to UC Irvine.. 7/9 are women! whats up with the gender discrimination!! :shock:
Look at their site! I am sure you will realize why. :lol:
... I don't follow... what am I looking for?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:16 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:Here is an interesting fact... according to LSN of those accepted to UC Irvine.. 7/9 are women! whats up with the gender discrimination!! :shock:
Look at their site! I am sure you will realize why. :lol:
... I don't follow... what am I looking for?
The faculty gender-representation.

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:Here is an interesting fact... according to LSN of those accepted to UC Irvine.. 7/9 are women! whats up with the gender discrimination!! :shock:
Look at their site! I am sure you will realize why. :lol:
... I don't follow... what am I looking for?
The faculty gender-representation.
Women seem to outnumber men 2:1... I can't believe I never caught this.

Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:20 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
Women seem to outnumber men 2:1... I can't believe I never caught this.
This is the first thing I noticed when I looked on their site. The female representation will dominate the inaugural class. Hurrah :)!!

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:22 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Women seem to outnumber men 2:1... I can't believe I never caught this.
This is the first thing I noticed when I looked on their site. The female representation will dominate the inaugural class. Hurrah :)!!
+1 for diversity!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:24 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Women seem to outnumber men 2:1... I can't believe I never caught this.
This is the first thing I noticed when I looked on their site. The female representation will dominate the inaugural class. Hurrah :)!!
+1 for diversity!

I am very confident in that claim. I remembered looking at their application and there was a box that said "Feminist law" or something like that. I don't think any other law schools has that as an option.

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:25 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Women seem to outnumber men 2:1... I can't believe I never caught this.
This is the first thing I noticed when I looked on their site. The female representation will dominate the inaugural class. Hurrah :)!!
+1 for diversity!

I am very confident in that claim. I remembered looking at their application and there was a box that said "Feminist law" or something like that. I don't think any other law schools has that as an option.

Dean Ortiz after all DID go to Barnard College... :lol:

Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:28 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
Dean Ortiz after all DID go to Barnard College... :lol:

Chem is out-numbered :(

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:32 am

Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Dean Ortiz after all DID go to Barnard College... :lol:

Chem is out-numbered :(
They still have a bit more hiring to do... who knows how the balance might tip. Besides... it would be interesting to go to a place that is NOT male dominated. Maybe they're fresh outlook will solve global hunger/peace/warming/you name it! I'm all for equality!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous0L

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Anonymous0L » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:35 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
Jwatson wrote:
NoamChomsky wrote:
Dean Ortiz after all DID go to Barnard College... :lol:

Chem is out-numbered :(
They still have a bit more hiring to do... who knows how the balance might tip. Besides... it would be interesting to go to a place that is NOT male dominated. Maybe they're fresh outlook will solve global hunger/peace/warming/you name it! I'm all for equality!
uhhhuhhh

google

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:58 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by google » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 pm

kp1981 wrote:Hey, I received an email that my application was received a while back. But for those of you whose application is complete, did you get email confirmation of that too?

Thanks.
Can anyone respond?

NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:06 pm

google wrote:
kp1981 wrote:Hey, I received an email that my application was received a while back. But for those of you whose application is complete, did you get email confirmation of that too?

Thanks.
Can anyone respond?
Hmm.. I was complete a long time ago but I never got an email. I did however drop by to hand in a certification letter and was told I'm set... maybe they thought I don't need a redundant confirmation.

gng007

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by gng007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:12 am

Is anyone concerned about UCI's ability to earn accreditation by the time the inaugural class graduates? I applied, have not heard back, but am not convinced the free tuition offsets the risk of graduating from a non-accredited school.

Also, what are my chances of getting in? 164, 3.7, graduate degree from USC in accounting, undergrad degree from Utah, CPA license, and 2 years work experience at large accounting firm.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


NoamChomsky

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by NoamChomsky » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:48 am

gng007 wrote:Is anyone concerned about UCI's ability to earn accreditation by the time the inaugural class graduates? I applied, have not heard back, but am not convinced the free tuition offsets the risk of graduating from a non-accredited school.

Also, what are my chances of getting in? 164, 3.7, graduate degree from USC in accounting, undergrad degree from Utah, CPA license, and 2 years work experience at large accounting firm.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Honestly... I'm more concerned about the world ending in a 2012 Mayan style apocalypse :P ... UC Irvine WILL be accredited... DON'T WORRY.

Chances? No one can tell... although you might have a better shot if you happen to be a lady.

Danteshek

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by Danteshek » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:56 am

NoamChomsky wrote:
gng007 wrote:Is anyone concerned about UCI's ability to earn accreditation by the time the inaugural class graduates? I applied, have not heard back, but am not convinced the free tuition offsets the risk of graduating from a non-accredited school.

Also, what are my chances of getting in? 164, 3.7, graduate degree from USC in accounting, undergrad degree from Utah, CPA license, and 2 years work experience at large accounting firm.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Honestly... I'm more concerned about the world ending in a 2012 Mayan style apocalypse :P ... UC Irvine WILL be accredited... DON'T WORRY.

Chances? No one can tell... although you might have a better shot if you happen to be a lady.

The best case scenario is that they are provisionally accredited in 2012. Full accreditation takes much longer. It bares mentioning however that for a student there is no difference in rights.

User avatar
scantronix

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:24 am

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by scantronix » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:12 pm

I did not get a confirmation email that I went complete.

kp1981

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: In at UC Irvine

Post by kp1981 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Just got off the phone with Dean Ortiz!!! Was asleep when she called and there was no message, but I went to UCI, so I recognized that phone number area code and phone prefix and called back! I'm in! Now that I'm in at UVA and UCI (free) so far, this is going to be a HARD decision!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”