University of Washington Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crystalhawkeye

Silver

Re: University of Washington

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote: Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?
I'm pretty sure if I got accepted to Washington I would loose it mentally for about an hour... I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't think its to likely lol...
Hahaha, yeah same here. Then I would be pissed because it would mean deciding between Seattle and anywhere else.

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote: Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?
I'm pretty sure if I got accepted to Washington I would loose it mentally for about an hour... I'm not getting my hopes up because I don't think its to likely lol...
Hahaha, yeah same here. Then I would be pissed because it would mean deciding between Seattle and anywhere else.
I wouldn't be pissed at all it would make my decision extremely easy... Then I could leverage every NW school for more money... It would be awesome...

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 pm

TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
I wouldn't be pissed at all it would make my decision extremely easy... Then I could leverage every NW school for more money... It would be awesome...
As you are already in the PNW, yeah that would be great. I'm in the mid-west. For me, not so easy. Never been that far West. And although I've heard it's great and "I would love it," I still have to see it for myself.

TheRyanocerous

Bronze

Post by TheRyanocerous » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Seattle, Portland and San Francisco are all pretty similar in my opinion... All really cool cities with a lot to do, pretty similar people and attitudes... The NW is defiantly the greenest place you have ever seen and also the wettest so it takes some getting used to... UW is an amazing campus though and it would be tough to turn it down and Seattle is one of the coolest cities I have ever been too. Defiantly a good idea to come check it out though...

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, if accepted, and that's still a very big if, I will certainly be flying out to see it. Considering what I've read/heard/seen, I think I would really like UWash and Seattle. Plus they have an ADR program, and that's great.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gsquared86

New

Post by gsquared86 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:43 pm

First post: I live on the east side of WA and got my acceptance today! 3.65/166 WA resident. Others in the region should be getting theirs today as well.

bingo

New

Post by bingo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm

gsquared86 wrote:First post: I live on the east side of WA and got my acceptance today! 3.65/166 WA resident. Others in the region should be getting theirs today as well.
Congrats! 2 q's when did you go complete and when did your status checker go to decision mailed?

nepgoon

New

Post by nepgoon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:55 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Well, if accepted, and that's still a very big if, I will certainly be flying out to see it. Considering what I've read/heard/seen, I think I would really like UWash and Seattle. Plus they have an ADR program, and that's great.

Woo hoo! Go ADR!

gsquared86

New

Post by gsquared86 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Complete: 11/18, "In Review": 11/26, "Decision": 1/26, Decision letter "mailed": 1/30. I never put too much stock in these dates. I mean, two months in review? Seven days to mail a letter across the state? Just know that if you got your application in relatively early, you should be seeing something soon. I was told I would probably see something "by the end of January;" not quite but I am very happy to have this acceptance.

Good luck to everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 pm

ugh
Last edited by MaiKleenex on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SadButTrue

New

Post by SadButTrue » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:04 pm

letter sent 2/6 as well, complete 1/13
we will see

truevines

Bronze

Post by truevines » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Got the letter today.
In!
The letter is dated Jan 30th.
Maybe it was mailed on Monday.
I am in L.A.

Maybe the first batch are all acceptances.
Congratulations, everyone.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

nepgoon wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:Well, if accepted, and that's still a very big if, I will certainly be flying out to see it. Considering what I've read/heard/seen, I think I would really like UWash and Seattle. Plus they have an ADR program, and that's great.

Woo hoo! Go ADR!
Ha, alright someone else not only knows what ADR stands for, but is interested in it! Sweet!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:35 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:
TheRyanocerous wrote:has anyone that has decision letter sent on 2/6 gotten a decision yet?
Now I know what you mean; I have this too. It says File in Review 1/15, but under mailing it says Decision Letter Sent Date: 2/6. :shock:
Its weird isn't it? I have had it since yesterday and I'm confused if it means that they are going to send it on Friday, or if its a typo, or the end of the week is automatically entered... I have no idea...
Well, if it means a letter is to be sent tomorrow, and it is not a typo, then, by the theory of this thread thus far, we'd be getting acceptances, wouldn't we?
Unfortunately, I think not. Everyone else has a decision and has a letter sent, since ours is different than everyone who has gotten acceptances, I'm thinking it is not the same thing. Sad for us :( Hopefully I'm wrong.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 pm

emoticons777 wrote:Unfortunately, I think not. Everyone else has a decision and has a letter sent, since ours is different than everyone who has gotten acceptances, I'm thinking it is not the same thing. Sad for us :( Hopefully I'm wrong.
Way to be a downer! Ha, seriously though, you're probably right. I didn't think I really would get in, but that'd be cool if I (and you guys as well) did.

n4sir1999

New

Post by n4sir1999 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:39 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:Unfortunately, I think not. Everyone else has a decision and has a letter sent, since ours is different than everyone who has gotten acceptances, I'm thinking it is not the same thing. Sad for us :( Hopefully I'm wrong.
Way to be a downer! Ha, seriously though, you're probably right. I didn't think I really would get in, but that'd be cool if I (and you guys as well) did.

I'm just glad I'm in the same boat as people with better numbers than myself!! lol

apicelp

New

Post by apicelp » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm

In today, letter sent 2/2. The date posted on the status checker is the date the letter is going to be sent out to you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mynameiswhat

New

Post by mynameiswhat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 pm

in today!

letter sent 1/29.
Last edited by mynameiswhat on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kbsenegal

New

Post by kbsenegal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 pm

In! Letter received in IL today.

Complete 1/13, letter sent 1/26
170 / 3.5
Congrats to all who got the letter today!!! And GL to everyone who's waiting

MaiKleenex

New

Post by MaiKleenex » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

I guess there's been no bad news yet, right? 8)

leron

Bronze

Post by leron » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:57 pm

apparently, it's bad news if you haven't gone to decision yet

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bingo

New

Post by bingo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 pm

still in review here-- HATE the waiting :)

tvaddicted

Bronze

Post by tvaddicted » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 pm

still in review too (went initially in review at 1/9)....not feeling too good abt this, probably a rejection.

ivesetsail

New

Post by ivesetsail » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm not sure that I've seen anyone else match my status checker history:

complete on 11/20
in review on 12/2
in review on 1/14

What do you suppose that means, has anyone else had their "in review" date change with no other update or mail correspondence?

secondshiaprince

New

Post by secondshiaprince » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:55 pm

leron wrote:apparently, it's bad news if you haven't gone to decision yet
Maybe this is just some arrogance... but, I I have a 167 / 3.58 and I'm still in review from 1/15. Maybe they are rejecting or waitlisting me (YP?) but I imagine that if I told them I was definitely going that they'd let me in? And I'm mentioning this mainly to show that there are still some people (out of state for me) wayy above their mean who have not gone to decision.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”