In at Miami!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
meerap

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by meerap » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Okay I am officially withdrawing on Monday. I was debating for a while between Case and Miami, but Case won me over. Only because they decided to give me money whereas Miami gave me nothing. Good luck to everyone. Seat deposit deadlines are only 12 days away... scary.

User avatar
kbigs

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by kbigs » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 pm

northerndeac wrote:
Eliza wrote:
northerndeac wrote:Got an email at 7pm with my ID number and a link to view my admissions information. I created an account and logged in, then was greeted with a congratulations page. So I got in earlier today. I now have to think about Miami. I might make a trip down.

Also, I was on the HOLD list so anyone on there, have faith.


If you don't mind sharing--what were your numbers?


162 LSAT
and I did well at Wake (I don't disclose GPA info)


Ha. Any particular reason the GPA is sacrosanct?

AverageGuy

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by AverageGuy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:33 pm

northerndeac wrote:Got an email at 7pm with my ID number and a link to view my admissions information. I created an account and logged in, then was greeted with a congratulations page. So I got in earlier today. I now have to think about Miami. I might make a trip down.

Also, I was on the HOLD list so anyone on there, have faith.



Just got admitted off the HOLD list too! I already put a seat deposit down elsewhere and had picked two waitlist schools, but Miami is really, really tempting. I may be taking a trip down shortly .

Eliza

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by Eliza » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Congrats to all those who got in off the hold list!

---it appears a lot of people got off the hold list on 4/2--this makes me nervous i wonder if they already sent all their hold acceptances...

User avatar
dusk

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by dusk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:58 pm

I just withdrew! Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:14 pm

AverageGuy wrote:
northerndeac wrote:Got an email at 7pm with my ID number and a link to view my admissions information. I created an account and logged in, then was greeted with a congratulations page. So I got in earlier today. I now have to think about Miami. I might make a trip down.

Also, I was on the HOLD list so anyone on there, have faith.



Just got admitted off the HOLD list too! I already put a seat deposit down elsewhere and had picked two waitlist schools, but Miami is really, really tempting. I may be taking a trip down shortly .


At 10:30 Friday night or did you check your email late??? Was it via email or MYUM?

redskinsgibbs

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by redskinsgibbs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 am

so do you get the scholarship info after you file for fasfa?

User avatar
flhealth

Bronze
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by flhealth » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:22 pm

just got in off the hold list via stat checker

lastmanstandinpj

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by lastmanstandinpj » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:34 pm

I withdrew yesterday. They offered no money, leaving me with a loan of 61k. I am going to Loyola-Chicago instead.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Eliza

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by Eliza » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:01 pm

flhealth wrote:just got in off the hold list via stat checker


I'm still on hold--if you don't mind me asking--what are your numbers?

User avatar
js87

Bronze
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by js87 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:20 pm

I have deferred my acceptance. Hopefully this will open up a spot for someone on the wait list. Good luck.

User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 pm

flhealth wrote:just got in off the hold list via stat checker


No email?

User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Also, anyone care to take a screen shot of the congrats welcoming on your myum home page to see what it looks like? :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
flhealth

Bronze
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by flhealth » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:
flhealth wrote:just got in off the hold list via stat checker


No email?

yes...i got an email telling me that i had a UM ID....when i logged in it said congratulations

User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:02 pm

flhealth wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:
flhealth wrote:just got in off the hold list via stat checker


No email?

yes...i got an email telling me that i had a UM ID....when i logged in it said congratulations


Gotcha - so you hadn't created a myum log-in already.

User avatar
flhealth

Bronze
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by flhealth » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

SpencerPratt wrote:
flhealth wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:
flhealth wrote:just got in off the hold list via stat checker


No email?

yes...i got an email telling me that i had a UM ID....when i logged in it said congratulations


Gotcha - so you hadn't created a myum log-in already.

yeah i had already created one...when i got the email, i decided to check it...bingo...acceptance...prolly not going, i didnt send a LOCI or anything, so there will prolly be another spot opening soon

redskinsgibbs

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by redskinsgibbs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:03 pm

So is Miami a clown school? Has there anyone who has ever been rejected? This is getting scary. And will i get any money? Who could pay 36 thousand a year without room and board? Thats basically telling you we accepted you to reject you.

I hope i get into Cardozo , Wisconson or another schoolif Miami gives me no money.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
flhealth

Bronze
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by flhealth » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:10 am

redskinsgibbs wrote:So is Miami a clown school? Has there anyone who has ever been rejected? This is getting scary. And will i get any money? Who could pay 36 thousand a year without room and board? Thats basically telling you we accepted you to reject you.

I hope i get into Cardozo , Wisconson or another schoolif Miami gives me no money.

if you dont have money from miami already, the chances are not good that youre gonna get money....

User avatar
Chanelgirl

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:06 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by Chanelgirl » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Got in this past Friday (4/3) off the Hold list also. Exciting!!!

User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Chanelgirl wrote:Got in this past Friday (4/3) off the Hold list also. Exciting!!!


Numbers?

User avatar
grobbelski

Bronze
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by grobbelski » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Chanelgirl wrote:Got in this past Friday (4/3) off the Hold list also. Exciting!!!


congrats when did you got complete/when were you notified of your acceptance?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
baileyxx

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by baileyxx » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Well Miami's acceptance rate is 50%. They ran out of merit based scholarship money in Decemeber is what they said at Admitted Students Day.

midrangejumper

Bronze
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: In at Miami!

Post by midrangejumper » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 pm

baileyxx wrote:Well Miami's acceptance rate is 50%. They ran out of merit based scholarship money in Decemeber is what they said at Admitted Students Day.



university of florida's is 41% and that's supposedly the "best" school in florida soo

Eliza

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by Eliza » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:49 am

so i went to miami's website and went to the ask um section and read how to get a status checker--so i contacted the individual who provides the status checker and she responded back via email

"your file is in review....you will hear from us soon"

and i don't know what to make of this....it makes me nervous becuase she didn't give me a status checker--i may be reading too much into this but....what do you think?

unless thats what they meant by status check...

User avatar
SpencerPratt

Bronze
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: In at Miami!

Post by SpencerPratt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:51 am

Eliza wrote:so i went to miami's website and went to the ask um section and read how to get a status checker--so i contacted the individual who provides the status checker and she responded back via email

"your file is in review....you will hear from us soon"

and i don't know what to make of this....it makes me nervous becuase she didn't give me a status checker--i may be reading too much into this but....what do you think?

unless thats what they meant by status check...


https://caneid.miami.edu/cas/login?serv ... dcheck.asp

Go there and you can create an account yourself.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”