Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
mjstewart1224

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by mjstewart1224 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm

I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so here it is!

COLAW22

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by COLAW22 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Let's hope we hear some good news this week!

kamik01

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by kamik01 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:24 pm

In via phone call. Was told that scholarship info comes together with admission package in mail. Should receive in next couple days. Application went complete on 10/04.

mjstewart1224

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by mjstewart1224 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm

kamik01 wrote:In via phone call. Was told that scholarship info comes together with admission package in mail. Should receive in next couple days. Application went complete on 10/04.
Congrats! Let's hope it's a wave!

nzlawapp2018

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by nzlawapp2018 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 pm

In via phone call... I submitted my app about two weeks ago, and I was really surprised that I was admitted this quickly. Anyway, my first admit!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


mjstewart1224

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by mjstewart1224 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:33 pm

nzlawapp2018 wrote:In via phone call... I submitted my app about two weeks ago, and I was really surprised that I was admitted this quickly. Anyway, my first admit!
Congrats!!!

nzlawapp2018

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by nzlawapp2018 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks!

rdakota

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by rdakota » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 am

In via status checker 11/29. Haven't received a phone call yet.

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:16 pm

In via phone call Monday. I was also told scholarship info would follow in a week or so (but I didn't submit a FAFSA, so somehow I don't think that's accurate for me lol)

The status checker was never updated beyond "waiting for review" before I got the call. It says "under review" as of yesterday, the day after the call

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


casebonk

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by casebonk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Also in via status checker. It indicates they're snail mailing something, but it looks like they usually call, too.

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:52 am

I wasn't expecting any scholarships since I didn't complete any FAFSAs, but I was given a $45k (total) "Dean's Distinguished" award.

Also got my snail mail package today. Pretty nice presentation for an admission letter. It also included a booklet about the school and a copy of the above scholarship award

casebonk

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by casebonk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:01 am

pipedream wrote:I wasn't expecting any scholarships since I didn't complete any FAFSAs, but I was given a $45k (total) "Dean's Distinguished" award.

Also got my snail mail package today. Pretty nice presentation for an admission letter. It also included a booklet about the school and a copy of the above scholarship award
Congrats on your admit! I'm hoping to get my letter soon, too. I found out via the status checker last week.

Do you know what your status checker said about the scholarship? Mine said "dean's distinguished," also. I was confused because it said 40K on the status checker and usually they deal in rounder numbers...

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm

casebonk wrote:
pipedream wrote:I wasn't expecting any scholarships since I didn't complete any FAFSAs, but I was given a $45k (total) "Dean's Distinguished" award.

Also got my snail mail package today. Pretty nice presentation for an admission letter. It also included a booklet about the school and a copy of the above scholarship award
Congrats on your admit! I'm hoping to get my letter soon, too. I found out via the status checker last week.

Do you know what your status checker said about the scholarship? Mine said "dean's distinguished," also. I was confused because it said 40K on the status checker and usually they deal in rounder numbers...
Status checker had the award listed and $15k listed as the amount, but it's per year (and it auto-renews). The actual letter you get should specify that. So if you got $40k, you should be looking at a $120k scholarship in total :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


casebonk

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by casebonk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:16 pm

pipedream wrote:
casebonk wrote:
pipedream wrote:I wasn't expecting any scholarships since I didn't complete any FAFSAs, but I was given a $45k (total) "Dean's Distinguished" award.

Also got my snail mail package today. Pretty nice presentation for an admission letter. It also included a booklet about the school and a copy of the above scholarship award
Congrats on your admit! I'm hoping to get my letter soon, too. I found out via the status checker last week.

Do you know what your status checker said about the scholarship? Mine said "dean's distinguished," also. I was confused because it said 40K on the status checker and usually they deal in rounder numbers...
Status checker had the award listed and $15k listed as the amount, but it's per year (and it auto-renews). The actual letter you get should specify that. So if you got $40k, you should be looking at a $120k scholarship in total :D
Thanks for the info!! That's a good chunk of change. I'm a little surprised a public school could toss so much my way. I'm not even above both 75ths. Hope your other admits and scholarships work out well!

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Maybe they liked one of your soft factors, or your essay(s) could've stood out more than others.

I'm surprised they'd give me anything, really. My numbers are just below the 75% marks, but my essays made it clear I have full coverage with the GI bill. Personally, I'd rather they save the money for someone that needs it

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Oh, and congrats on your admission and award :)

casebonk

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by casebonk » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:25 pm

I think the softs helped. If there was confusion, my GPA is > 75th.

That's true, however, does the GI bill also cover living expenses?

Also, thank you for your service!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:15 pm

It pays a monthly housing allowance that varies depending on the school you're attending, but it only pays during the months I'm enrolled. In other words, I'll be jumping at any mention of summer associate positions lol

pipedream

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by pipedream » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:49 pm

casebonk wrote:I think the softs helped. If there was confusion, my GPA is > 75th.

That's true, however, does the GI bill also cover living expenses?

Also, thank you for your service!
Thanks for your support.

Were you invited to the Facebook group? I received an invite today. I don't really use FB much, but I thought it was a nice personal touch

vorshay

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:38 am

Re: Minnesota C/O 2022 ('18-'19 cycle)

Post by vorshay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 pm

In with full tuition today around 2:30pm!!! Got the acceptance email which said my admissions package was going to be mailed to me shortly. Went to the online application status check and found out about $$$ there. Exciting stuff!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”