Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 am

Didn't see this one around yet. I saw that they did have a first wave of acceptances a couple of weeks ago and based on previous years, looks like they should be doing another round of acceptances this week. So any applicants waiting on responses or admitted?

pussypoppins

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by pussypoppins » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:28 am

Admitted in November and got my scholarship info last week via email (they said the official package is coming in the mail). I’m a local resident and above both 75ths, FWIW.

Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 am

pussypoppins wrote:Admitted in November and got my scholarship info last week via email (they said the official package is coming in the mail). I’m a local resident and above both 75ths, FWIW.
I'm local ish. Lol. From ATL, living in Macon right now. Ready to go nacl home. Going to school in ATL would be most ideal. Already have a lot of contacts and connections so either that or Emory (which is a longshot). Above the medians so not too worried about getting in. Just scholarships.

seanbodonovan

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by seanbodonovan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 am

pussypoppins wrote:Admitted in November and got my scholarship info last week via email (they said the official package is coming in the mail). I’m a local resident and above both 75ths, FWIW.
Same to all of the above.

pussypoppins

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by pussypoppins » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Hollidae wrote:
pussypoppins wrote:Admitted in November and got my scholarship info last week via email (they said the official package is coming in the mail). I’m a local resident and above both 75ths, FWIW.
I'm local ish. Lol. From ATL, living in Macon right now. Ready to go nacl home. Going to school in ATL would be most ideal. Already have a lot of contacts and connections so either that or Emory (which is a longshot). Above the medians so not too worried about getting in. Just scholarships.
They’re stingy. I’m hoping it’s negotiable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:37 pm

pussypoppins wrote:
Hollidae wrote:
pussypoppins wrote:Admitted in November and got my scholarship info last week via email (they said the official package is coming in the mail). I’m a local resident and above both 75ths, FWIW.
I'm local ish. Lol. From ATL, living in Macon right now. Ready to go nacl home. Going to school in ATL would be most ideal. Already have a lot of contacts and connections so either that or Emory (which is a longshot). Above the medians so not too worried about getting in. Just scholarships.
They’re stingy. I’m hoping it’s negotiable.
Yeah. I've heard. But their 2017 509 reports gives me hope. They had a lot more full rides for 2017.

Aspire2bEsquire

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:11 pm

I received a scholarship application email for admitted students but no admission. Mistake?

Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:13 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:I received a scholarship application email for admitted students but no admission. Mistake?
Same.

pussypoppins

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by pussypoppins » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:31 pm

I sent off my first email to discuss scholarship negotiation, so I'll keep you guys posted on their response/any progress. Fingers crossed!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 pm

I'M IN!!!

pussypoppins

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:06 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by pussypoppins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Hollidae wrote:I'M IN!!!
Yay! Maybe I'll see you there!

Tyfabbri

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Tyfabbri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 am

In via email yesterday after going complete on 1/5. Anyone know when scholarship information will be sent at this point in the cycle?

Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

I assumed it was coming in the package they're sending in the mail. I hope it's soon bc I'm probably going to negotiate for a full ride or close to it, especially if I luck out and Emory accepts me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Tyfabbri

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Tyfabbri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Hollidae wrote:I assumed it was coming in the package they're sending in the mail. I hope it's soon bc I'm probably going to negotiate for a full ride or close to it, especially if I luck out and Emory accepts me.
Same boat! Best of luck!

Tyfabbri

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Tyfabbri » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:07 pm

If anyone already received something from them in the mail, how long after you were accepted did it arrive and did it include $$$ info?

Hollidae

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Hollidae » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:22 pm

Tyfabbri wrote:If anyone already received something from them in the mail, how long after you were accepted did it arrive and did it include $$$ info?
My packet came but not scholarship info so I emailed to ask when it was coming. I'll keep you updated with the response.
ETA: Got a response. Was told they haven't made decisions on scholarships yet and that would be released in the next couple of weeks.

Tyfabbri

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:54 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Tyfabbri » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Hollidae wrote:
Tyfabbri wrote:If anyone already received something from them in the mail, how long after you were accepted did it arrive and did it include $$$ info?
My packet came but not scholarship info so I emailed to ask when it was coming. I'll keep you updated with the response.
ETA: Got a response. Was told they haven't made decisions on scholarships yet and that would be released in the next couple of weeks.
Awesome, thanks for the update! Do they normally do an Admitted Students Weekend sort of deal? I got an email about some luncheon thing, but haven't seen anything besides that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


tigerfan91

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by tigerfan91 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 am

Hollidae wrote:
Tyfabbri wrote:If anyone already received something from them in the mail, how long after you were accepted did it arrive and did it include $$$ info?
My packet came but not scholarship info so I emailed to ask when it was coming. I'll keep you updated with the response.
ETA: Got a response. Was told they haven't made decisions on scholarships yet and that would be released in the next couple of weeks.

Have you (or anyone else) heard anything yet about scholarships? I'm kinda losing my mind over here!

ultratea

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by ultratea » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Got my acceptance via email yesterday, no word of any scholarships so far.

stardom

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by stardom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:49 pm

ultratea wrote:Got my acceptance via email yesterday, no word of any scholarships so far.
When did you submit your application? how quick was the turn around?

firstwatch54

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by firstwatch54 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:13 pm

I just checked my status and it still says Hold- under review. Anyone still waiting on the final word for GSU? And does anyone know when the admission committee might make their final decisions? I applied late December and now Im getting worried.

ultratea

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by ultratea » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:37 pm

stardom wrote:
ultratea wrote:Got my acceptance via email yesterday, no word of any scholarships so far.
When did you submit your application? how quick was the turn around?
I submitted my app on Feb. 6, and it was confirmed completed on Feb. 9. I got a response much sooner than I anticipated, but UGA was similarly quick in their response. I'm guessing it has something to do with me being a local student? Not sure.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”