Georgetown group interview Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Asweis

New

Georgetown group interview

Post by Asweis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 pm

So I was invited to a group interview by Georgetown law school. I think the interview went well. My stats are okay. I have a 163 LSAT and a 3.93 gpa. I'd imagine I was a borderline applicant and I was selected for the interview because of my personal statement. We were asked a handful of hypothetical questions/scenerios. I think I did a good job.
My question is....how beneficial are these group interviews and how many people actually get accepted after interviewing? I want to get in, but I think I'm placing too much emphasis on the interview. It's not an automatic shoe-in, right?

Also, this interview took place back on December 21 and they said they would get back to us in 2-3 weeks. That hasn't happened. Is that a bad or good sign?

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Re: Georgetown group interview

Post by BirdLawExpert » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:18 pm

The Georgetown applicants thread will be a better place for you to get good answers to this question, but for what it's worth I heard back about a week and a half after my one-on-one alumni interview. There's a lot of applications, so being a week or two past any school's "window" isn't out of the ordinary. Just check out the Vanderbilt thread for more evidence to that effect.

Asweis

New

Post by Asweis » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 pm

Okay. Thank you for your input!
My main concern was how common these interviews are. I was excited to get one, but I think I'm bowing it out of proportion.

Cocoron

New

Post by Cocoron » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:23 am

I did a group interview for Georgetown a few weeks ago. I legitimately believe the only purpose of the group interview is to screen their applicants for assholes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”