University of Florida Levin College of Law c/o 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Re: University of Florida Levin College of Law c/o 2018

Post by tortsandtiaras » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:50 pm

checking in!

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 am

Checking in. According to the admissions officer at the lsac forum they'll begin reviewing applications on Monday.

mpk11d

New

Post by mpk11d » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Checking in! 166/3.85. Good luck folks

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:12 am

Checkin' in, yo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Despite what it says on the website, one of the admissions officers said they only consider the highest LSAT score. Can anyone else weigh in?

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:20 pm

MikeM-law wrote:Despite what it says on the website, one of the admissions officers said they only consider the highest LSAT score. Can anyone else weigh in?

I don't see why they would revert to an averaged approach... AFAIK, the vast majority of schools takes the highest.

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:51 am

Someone stated above that they would start reviewing this week. I turned in my application 9/1 the day it opened and went complete 9/3... still not under review.

Is anyone being reviewed yet at this point?

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 am

legallyrose wrote:Someone stated above that they would start reviewing this week. I turned in my application 9/1 the day it opened and went complete 9/3... still not under review.

Is anyone being reviewed yet at this point?
Not me :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm

"Under Initial Review by Committee" as of this afternoon! I hope I get in!

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I am "Under Initial Review" as well! Crossing my fingers! :)

mpk11d

New

Post by mpk11d » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:15 am

Anyone else think UF's application was far too tedious for where they're situated in the rankings? Most T-14 apps took half the time theirs did. Saw these complaints on forums last year and now I'm seeing why

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 am

mpk11d wrote:Anyone else think UF's application was far too tedious for where they're situated in the rankings? Most T-14 apps took half the time theirs did. Saw these complaints on forums last year and now I'm seeing why
It wasn't fun writing the academic admissions statement for one school but I think they just want to weed people out. I don't know how helpful that is though because the people who decide not to apply because of it are probably the ones with the better numbers e.g. the T14 kids... The kids who have no chance will obviously apply regardless... somewhat counterintuitive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:26 am

mpk11d wrote:Anyone else think UF's application was far too tedious for where they're situated in the rankings? Most T-14 apps took half the time theirs did. Saw these complaints on forums last year and now I'm seeing why
Yeah the admissions statement was odd. To me, it seems a much easier statement to complete for someone who is currently, or recently graduated from, undergrad.

I saw in last year's thread that some people were posting that they decided not to apply to UF simply because of this admissions statement, potentially limiting the number of well qualified applicants UF receives.

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:44 am

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
Yeah the admissions statement was odd. To me, it seems a much easier statement to complete for someone who is currently, or recently graduated from, undergrad.

I saw in last year's thread that some people were posting that they decided not to apply to UF simply because of this admissions statement, potentially limiting the number of well qualified applicants UF receives.
My friend used the same personal statement, really not alluding at all to his academics, and was still offered admissions last year lol. Basically, if you have the numbers...I guess anything goes.

louisv123

New

Post by louisv123 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Checking in. Under initial review as well.

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:07 pm

legallyrose wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

My friend used the same personal statement, really not alluding at all to his academics, and was still offered admissions last year lol. Basically, if you have the numbers...I guess anything goes.
That gives me some hope, I guess... I'm a bit worried now -- Would they really turn away median GPA and a low 160s LSAT because of that?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mpk11d

New

Post by mpk11d » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:16 pm

MikeM-law wrote:
It wasn't fun writing the academic admissions statement for one school but I think they just want to weed people out. I don't know how helpful that is though because the people who decide not to apply because of it are probably the ones with the better numbers e.g. the T14 kids... The kids who have no chance will obviously apply regardless... somewhat counterintuitive.

I guess my case would be an outlier. I'm still applying to UF even though I'd fall under the T14 category. I definitely see how it'd be a deterrent to others with UF as a backup. I have FSU/UF because I'm in state and the scholarships will be enticing even compared to T14 and others just outside.

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:34 pm

cloy26 wrote:
legallyrose wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:

That gives me some hope, I guess... I'm a bit worried now -- Would they really turn away median GPA and a low 160s LSAT because of that?
what you should've done was submit the PS as the diversity statement and just write/submit the academic statement anyway. If I were you, I would only worry if I didn't submit the optional diversity statement.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 pm

I just applied.

The academic statement was kind of weird. I've been removed from UG for like 4 years. I had to look at my transcripts to remember what I had done... I just talked about how I had to write lots of research papers for different classes and how I was constantly reading and writing. I gave the a brief description of one paper I wrote and that was pretty much it. I talked about my interest in the law and a little bit about my background.

Hopefully it works out.

I'm definitely going to have to check out UF soon. Never been to the campus...

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Anyone heard back from UF yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:25 pm

legallyrose wrote:Anyone heard back from UF yet?
Not yet :/ still under initial review since 11/5

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Post by tortsandtiaras » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
Not yet :/ still under initial review since 11/5
I've been under initial review sine 11/5 as well :(

MikeM-law

Bronze

Post by MikeM-law » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:53 pm

They still have to do a comparative review.

Based on last years cycle, if you have 170+ you'll probably hear back mid November. 160+ probably mid December. Everything else around January/February. They take a long time to make decisions and they make admission offers in batches so...

hannnahbb

New

Post by hannnahbb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Does UF grant solicited merit-based fee waivers? My numbers are above their medians but they didn't email me one through CRS

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”