IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gtg263r

Bronze

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:59 am

im really in to biking so the fact that davis is a self-proclaimed bike capitol of america is pretty great

J_

New

Post by J_ » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Especially after all these great posts, this "awaiting evaluation" is killing me!

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 pm

I will be attending there in the fall and I am 28 (and will be when I start). The few people I have met through TLS that are going there seem to be older as well... I wonder if that is more than a coincidence.
I am 28 and am also strongly considering Davis (if I am admitted). I am in it Hastings, but I find the laid-back environment of Davis more attractive than a highly-competitive one.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:07 pm

We should seriously take a poll once people are "officially" going to Davis on our ages. I am curious to see the breakdown of the TLS-ers.

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 pm

im 99% sure ill be @ davis unless i hear good news from u of washington

im 22, will be 23 when the semester starts

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kevsocko

New

Post by kevsocko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:44 pm

i read on davis' website that they randomly go through the stacks, and that it is not based on date of application recieved. so it seems like a crap shoot.

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

for people who got in, i found out on the status checker, but just to make sure, they mail the letter to the permanent address right?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Yeah, you'll get it soon. I live in SF, saw the status checker on a Thursday night, and got it on Saturday.

niner3030

New

Post by niner3030 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:33 pm

gtg263r wrote:for people who got in, i found out on the status checker, but just to make sure, they mail the letter to the permanent address right?
The address on the PDF letter had my permanent address but the letter actually went to my current mailing address.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:33 pm

niner3030 wrote:
gtg263r wrote:for people who got in, i found out on the status checker, but just to make sure, they mail the letter to the permanent address right?
The address on the PDF letter had my permanent address but the letter actually went to my current mailing address.
Me too.

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 pm

ok thats actually what i was wondering

same happened w/ mine

but it seemed odd to even bother asking for a mailing address if everything just gets sent to the permanent address

i guess ill be on the lookout for it @ my place & not my parents

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Me three.

Also, as a girl, I'm gonna fully admit that I'm a littttttle bit annoyed that the school is 55 percent female to 45 percent male. Already coming from a city with more chicks than dudes, going to Davis for three years with fewer boys (and possibly fewer boys my age) might not bode so well for my love life.

Then again, its a minor concern and might help keep me from getting distracted. Then again (again)...I guess there's also other graduate students (a hot aspiring vet?) to flirt with. : )

Anyways, I'm thrilled to have the Davis option!

(Also God, please don't keep me single until I'm 30!)

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm

Ginger, my SO will be in the MBA program which is largely male. I'll hook you up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:51 pm

tmo wrote:Ginger, my SO will be in the MBA program which is largely male. I'll hook you up.

ooo...me too???

if they every move me from "awaiting evaluation"

newtocali

New

Post by newtocali » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:52 pm

is there a difference between awaiting evaluation and evaluation in progress?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:58 pm

augustlights wrote:
tmo wrote:Ginger, my SO will be in the MBA program which is largely male. I'll hook you up.

ooo...me too???

if they every move me from "awaiting evaluation"
Sure! Hopefully there will be some good ones. There is some cute Italian I met the other day at an admit event (MBA one), he is prime real estate I tell you!
newtocali wrote:is there a difference between awaiting evaluation and evaluation in progress?
Yeah awaiting is just that you are complete, sitting in a dark corner somewhere. In progress is when they are actually looking at it.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:07 pm

August, you are gonna get in. I know these things.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Ginger123 wrote:August, you are gonna get in. I know these things.
awww :)

you can walk my dog with me around the B-school. She's great at picking up quality men. Hopefully tmo's Italian!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 pm

I live in East Davis, which is fast becoming Central Davis. There are tons of apartment complexes all over, and you can get everywhere by bike (I wouldn't do North myself, but some do). If I were young I'd pick something downtown, just because it's nice to be near the restaurants and the co-op - and campus, but the town is small enough that you can spend a couple hours and see for yourself.

Do they really just go through the apps haphazardly? I knew I should have printed mine out on florescent paper and sent it in old school. Mother of God, the wait is killing me.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:33 pm

That works since I have a dog too! (Major advantage about Davis - its dog friendly!) Although I'm still waiting on some other schools, the idea of living in a laid back, healthy city with ample room for me, the pup, my serious wine and foodie inclinations and love of ag/gardening is reaaaaaallly appealing.

Did you know Davis has a place on campus called the Meat Lab where they raise and butcher naturally fed happy livestock and sell it to the public for cheap?? Sigh. : )

We'd have some really good dinner parties too August. We'd attract the boys in droves.

J_

New

Post by J_ » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:37 pm

azoraraine wrote:Mother of God, the wait is killing me.
Agreed. If it would just go to "Evaluation In Progress" I'd feel much better.

Ginger123 wrote:We'd have some really good dinner parties too August. We'd attract the boys in droves.
I attend anything with the words "Dinner" or "Party." This seems like it would be a big win for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm

hahah yay! TLS dinner parties! And whomever makes/wants biglaw should take us all out to French Laundry in celebration when we graduate :p.

and yes, i know this is bad, but the fact that Davis is dog friendly is a HUGE draw for me. My parents are happy to take her (since they have 2 others of the same breed) if I end up in a big city...but I'd really like to have her with me. The wine thing doesn't hurt either...

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Ginger123 wrote: Did you know Davis has a place on campus called the Meat Lab where they raise and butcher naturally fed happy livestock and sell it to the public for cheap?? Sigh. : )
Ok, I'm so happy I just wet myself.
Ginger123 wrote:We'd have some really good dinner parties too August. We'd attract the boys in droves.
I just got a new dining room table! First dinner at my place:)

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm

yay!!

that's good...esp, since I don't think my table will survive the trip from NYC!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:07 pm

augustlights wrote:hahah yay! TLS dinner parties! And whomever makes/wants biglaw should take us all out to French Laundry in celebration when we graduate :p.

and yes, i know this is bad, but the fact that Davis is dog friendly is a HUGE draw for me. My parents are happy to take her (since they have 2 others of the same breed) if I end up in a big city...but I'd really like to have her with me. The wine thing doesn't hurt either...
I used to me a lot more dog friendly before they stopped letting people run their dogs at the cemetery. Now there are a couple of fenced off leash places, but one is in a flood plain. The other is near a park where I take my kids, though, so I could stop and chat. One of my dogs is too old to run. Or walk, for that matter. The other one has anger management issues. Kinda like my ex, lol.

You guys are scaring the vegetarian, tee hee!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”