Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
porch

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2016 Applicants

Post by porch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:11 pm

yup
Last edited by porch on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm

porch wrote:This is my first post on TLS. anyway 3.8, 172, no why ND essay. Decision made 12/18. This is my first reply from any school. Dying to hear. Very nervous. Lost the ability to form full sentences.
You're above both medians quite nicely, I'd be shocked if they waitlisted you, let alone reject you. If I were you, expect good things.

cgw

Bronze

Post by cgw » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:19 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:
cgw wrote:So, I submitted some apps on Saturday, including to ND, and while the other schools are still verifying my materials, my status on ND is "Decision Made." I didn't think that was possible. Did they auto-reject me or something?
You have really good numbers I doubt that is the case.
I wasn't expecting a rejection from ND, but I was already irrationally paranoid that I fucked up something and this didn't help.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Anyone get the ND Admissions email about the office closing? I just had two:

The Notre Dame Law School Admissions Office will be closed December 24 through January 1. We look forward to working with you throughout the admissions cycle when we re-open in the new year.

and

The Notre Dame Law School Admissions Office will be closed December 24 through January 1. Returning from Christmas break usually greets us with lots of new applications. Get your application in soon so the Admissions Committee can review it early in the new year. We look forward to working with you throughout the admission cycle. To learn more about Notre Dame Law School visit law.nd.edu.

I was told a decision was made 12/18 and so i'm waiting on the mail (tomorrow/sat?) but if i'm denied/WL and they are sending me these emails i'm gonna be peeved.

acs507

Bronze

Post by acs507 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 pm

UMich11 wrote:Anyone get the ND Admissions email about the office closing? I just had two:

The Notre Dame Law School Admissions Office will be closed December 24 through January 1. We look forward to working with you throughout the admissions cycle when we re-open in the new year.

and

The Notre Dame Law School Admissions Office will be closed December 24 through January 1. Returning from Christmas break usually greets us with lots of new applications. Get your application in soon so the Admissions Committee can review it early in the new year. We look forward to working with you throughout the admission cycle. To learn more about Notre Dame Law School visit law.nd.edu.

I was told a decision was made 12/18 and so i'm waiting on the mail (tomorrow/sat?) but if i'm denied/WL and they are sending me these emails i'm gonna be peeved.
I only got one with a Happy Holidays card attached. But also had decision made on 12/18.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 pm

acs507 wrote:
UMich11 wrote:Anyone get the ND Admissions email about the office closing? I just had two:

and

I only got one with a Happy Holidays card attached. But also had decision made on 12/18.
Hmm yeah. one was sent to my school email and the other to my personal. That could be the reason and why one assumes i haven't applied. I sure hope i'm not getting these if i've been denied

cgw

Bronze

Post by cgw » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

acs507 wrote:

and

I also had decision made 12/18 and got the holiday card with a message saying "The Notre Dame Law School Admissions Office will be closed December 24 through January 1. We look forward to working with you throughout the admissions cycle when we re-open in the new year."

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Still nothing in the mail.

Today sucked.

CMHCLT

New

Post by CMHCLT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am

Got the Holiday email.. Hoping everyone gets good news in the mail today!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

a-quad

New

Post by a-quad » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 am

Got an acceptance letter today (via email)! 169/3.8, no Why ND essay. No scholly info in email, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see something in the snail mail package.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 am

a-quad wrote:Got an acceptance letter today (via email)! 169/3.8, no Why ND essay. No scholly info in email, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see something in the snail mail package.

Congrats! but that is odd, i was under the impression they didn't give them out via email/phone. At least that is what status checker and their office told me. maybe with the holiday/winter storm they altered their strategy.

red8aron

New

Post by red8aron » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:33 am

My package has not arrived yet, but I was admitted via e-mail this morning!

a-quad

New

Post by a-quad » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:45 am

red8aron wrote:My package has not arrived yet, but I was admitted via e-mail this morning!
Was there scholarship info in the email? Mine had nothing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ceweiss10

New

Post by ceweiss10 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 am

In via that early email as well! 169/3.16/Non-URM/Why ND Essay.

Submitted: 11/26
Complete: 11/30
Decision: 12/18 (Packet Coming today?)

Go Irish!!!!!

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm

ceweiss10 wrote:In via that early email as well! 169/3.16/Non-URM/Why ND Essay.

Submitted: 11/26
Complete: 11/30
Decision: 12/18 (Packet Coming today?)

Go Irish!!!!!

Congrats. But i guess this does not bode will for me. Decision 12/18 but no email.

red8aron

New

Post by red8aron » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:30 pm

a-quad wrote:
red8aron wrote:My package has not arrived yet, but I was admitted via e-mail this morning!
Was there scholarship info in the email? Mine had nothing.
Unfortunately, no. But my packet arrived in the mail and I got 10 grand in scholarship. Not as much as I was hoping for, but that doesn't include any potential need based aid. Does anyone know when we get info about need based aid? I assume it is some time after fasfa applications open.

cgw

Bronze

Post by cgw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm

UMich11 wrote:
a-quad wrote:Got an acceptance letter today (via email)! 169/3.8, no Why ND essay. No scholly info in email, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see something in the snail mail package.

Congrats! but that is odd, i was under the impression they didn't give them out via email/phone. At least that is what status checker and their office told me. maybe with the holiday/winter storm they altered their strategy.
I also got an acceptance email this morning, but mine said "once again, we want to congratulate you." Um, this is the first time guys? I think it was sent out assuming I had received the mail notice already; they even said to contact them if I hadn't gotten it. In any case, I'm just happy to know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Presidentjlh

Silver

Post by Presidentjlh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the letter was sent to my chapter house, even though I requested that USPS forward all mail to my permanent address.

Sigh.

acs507

Bronze

Post by acs507 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Got the letter in the mail today. Waitlisted. 3.7, 167, Non-URM.

UMich11

Bronze

Post by UMich11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:01 pm

waitlist 160-164, 3.4-3.6.

sorry, paranoid on here so not posting exacts.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm

acs507 wrote:Waitlisted. 3.7, 167, Non-URM.
I think this is going to backfire in their faces. It seems like they're waitlisting a LOT of people that have good numbers for them, in the hopes that many of these auto-admits they've let in will matriculate. In the meantime, the people they're waitlisting are getting accepted by schools who aren't playing this game, and by the time ND starts pulling from their waitlist (late April), many of those people will already have seat deposits down at other schools.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Paraflam wrote:
I think this is going to backfire in their faces. It seems like they're waitlisting a LOT of people that have good numbers for them, in the hopes that many of these auto-admits they've let in will matriculate. In the meantime, the people they're waitlisting are getting accepted by schools who aren't playing this game, and by the time ND starts pulling from their waitlist (late April), many of those people will already have seat deposits down at other schools.

This is very possible. Then again Notre Dame only has a class of roughly 180 so I'm guessing they feel confident they can fill up most of those spots now and after the Decenber scores come back, then take a few off the waitlist in April

anteater1

Silver

Post by anteater1 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Paraflam wrote:
TITCR, I was really interested in NDU but other schools have been much more welcoming and it's swaying my interest.

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 pm

anteater1 wrote:
Paraflam wrote:
TITCR, I was really interested in NDU but other schools have been much more welcoming and it's swaying my interest.
same

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 am

We do this every year and it seems to work out fine. I think admissions knows what they are doing. Good luck to those on the WL though!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”