Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lateblooming

New

Re: Status Checker Addiction Cure (Hopefully)

Post by lateblooming » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:27 am

damn you for this.

DubPoker

Bronze

Post by DubPoker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:57 am

lateblooming wrote:damn you for this.
wtf? this program saves me infinite time.

Instead of updating a dozen different status checkers all day I can just go about my life. If a school changes anything it gets sent to my phone every hour. I have free'd myself of status checkers. I still troll tls too much though

mkdtx

New

Post by mkdtx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:53 pm

My "Refresh All" button seems to be reproducing, and at an alarming rate!

About a week ago, another Refresh All button appeared just to the right of the original one and as of yesterday, there are now 3. It doesn't seem affect the function of the program and I'm pretty sure I can refresh all by pressing any of the 3.

Thanks for the program by the way, it's great.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:55 pm

mkdtx wrote:My "Refresh All" button seems to be reproducing, and at an alarming rate!

About a week ago, another Refresh All button appeared just to the right of the original one and as of yesterday, there are now 3. It doesn't seem affect the function of the program and I'm pretty sure I can refresh all by pressing any of the 3.

Haha yeah I have 4 now.

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:10 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
mkdtx wrote:My "Refresh All" button seems to be reproducing, and at an alarming rate!

Haha yeah I have 4 now.
Haha, that's hilarious. I'll have to see if I can reproduce that somehow so I can figure out what it's doing, it doesn't have that problem on my machine. Thanks for letting me know.

I've been really busy so I haven't had a chance to add NU and UMich, hopefully I'll get to it this week, and finish work on the Android app. Hopefully...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DubPoker

Bronze

Post by DubPoker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:17 pm

shatra wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Haha yeah I have 4 now.
Haha, that's hilarious. I'll have to see if I can reproduce that somehow so I can figure out what it's doing, it doesn't have that problem on my machine. Thanks for letting me know.

I've been really busy so I haven't had a chance to add NU and UMich, hopefully I'll get to it this week, and finish work on the Android app. Hopefully...
Mine also, the buttons don't work btw. I've sort of just ignored them this whole time lol. I'm running Vista btw

--ImageRemoved--

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 am

DubPoker wrote:
Mine also, the buttons don't work btw. I've sort of just ignored them this whole time lol. I'm running Vista btw
Do you happen to know if you're doing anything in particular when it creates them? Does it create a new one every time you open it, when you add new schools, or does it just seem to add them in whenever it feels like it?

DubPoker

Bronze

Post by DubPoker » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 am

shatra wrote:
DubPoker wrote:
Do you happen to know if you're doing anything in particular when it creates them? Does it create a new one every time you open it, when you add new schools, or does it just seem to add them in whenever it feels like it?
First off I take back what I said about the buttons not working. They all work lol...

However, when I went to Schools tab and saved it moved them to the top. And when I added schools and saved this happens.
--ImageRemoved--

The bottom button is the only one that doesn't work. When I add more schools and click save a button or two is added. When I added a ton of schools I had 4-5 refresh buttons on top and 3 on bottom.

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 am

DubPoker wrote:First off I take back what I said about the buttons not working. They all work lol...

However, when I went to Schools tab and saved it moved them to the top. And when I added schools and saved this happens.

The bottom button is the only one that doesn't work. When I add more schools and click save a button or two is added. When I added a ton of schools I had 4-5 refresh buttons on top and 3 on bottom.
Haha, what on earth is it up to? Thanks for letting me know, I'll get that fixed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:33 am

Mine adds more just when I open it, but not everytime.

mkdtx

New

Post by mkdtx » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm

I haven't noticed any particular thing I'm doing that triggers a new button popping up. I've opened up the program dozens of times but it's only added 2 extra buttons. I also haven't added any schools or changed any settings since probably a week before the latest button appeared.

Abazu

New

Post by Abazu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

My status page stays entirely blank.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Abazu wrote:My status page stays entirely blank.
Did you hit save on the first page?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Abazu

New

Post by Abazu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Yes, I did. Then I entered the logins for each school and clicked save for each one, but it was still blank. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm using a 64-bit edition of Windows 7.

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Abazu wrote:Yes, I did. Then I entered the logins for each school and clicked save for each one, but it was still blank. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm using a 64-bit edition of Windows 7.
Ah, yes, doesn't support 64-bit.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 pm

shatra wrote:
Abazu wrote:Yes, I did. Then I entered the logins for each school and clicked save for each one, but it was still blank. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I'm using a 64-bit edition of Windows 7.
Ah, yes, doesn't support 64-bit.
Maybe 64-bit Windows 7. I'm using 64-bit Windows XP and it works like a charm. Great program btw.

Spookyghost

Bronze

Post by Spookyghost » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 pm

I use 64 bit windows 7 and it works fine for me! Try running it as an administrator if you're still having problems (that is the panacea of windows 7 problems.)

(Though, I do have randomly spawning reload buttons too)
Last edited by Spookyghost on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Spookyghost wrote:I use 64 bit windows 7 and it works fine for me! Try running it as an administrator if you're still having problems (that is the panacea of windows 7 problems.)
Well nevermind, apparently it does work in 64-bit. If that doesn't work, do this - --LinkRemoved--. It was what we decided worked earlier in the thread.

Edit: Although in your case you won't need to uninstall, just delete the directory mentioned.

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 am

Thanks for this, it's a great application. I got it working on XP (32-bit) but not on linux (ubuntu 10.10, also 32-bit). I tried extracting the contents of the tarball and going from there, but that didn't work either.

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:12 am

hijodehombre wrote:Thanks for this, it's a great application. I got it working on XP (32-bit) but not on linux (ubuntu 10.10, also 32-bit). I tried extracting the contents of the tarball and going from there, but that didn't work either.
Yes, it's got all sorts of issues on Linux, and honestly since so few people actually use Linux I haven't really done much to try to get it working. Have you done all this then? --LinkRemoved-- Although I'm pretty sure even then it doesn't work completely.

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:59 pm

shatra wrote:
Yes, it's got all sorts of issues on Linux, and honestly since so few people actually use Linux I haven't really done much to try to get it working. Have you done all this then? --LinkRemoved-- Although I'm pretty sure even then it doesn't work completely.
I was able to revert to Python2.5, but when I tried the next step, extracting the tar file to usr/local/bin to get the installer, I get

tar: vz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

even thought I'm in the right directory. When I extract the tarball I can see the installer and the app exe but can't them to work. I actually had better luck installing the msi through wine, but same result, the app won't load and I suspect I would have to make some wineconfig changes. In any case, you're right, it's not worth any more trouble. Maybe someone who works with linux can come and give some insight. Still a great app.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:01 pm

This thread deserves to be stickied.

Cwarrior57

New

Post by Cwarrior57 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

new iphone app for checking statuses. the app is call "law status". the page is on the "accepted, denial, waitlist" page. the app is awesome. one quick refresh on the ipod and i can check statuses of most of my pending apps.

shatra

Bronze

Post by shatra » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm

hijodehombre wrote:
shatra wrote:
I was able to revert to Python2.5, but when I tried the next step, extracting the tar file to usr/local/bin to get the installer, I get

tar: vz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

even thought I'm in the right directory. When I extract the tarball I can see the installer and the app exe but can't them to work. I actually had better luck installing the msi through wine, but same result, the app won't load and I suspect I would have to make some wineconfig changes. In any case, you're right, it's not worth any more trouble. Maybe someone who works with linux can come and give some insight. Still a great app.
Did you try the tar command with sudo?

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

shatra wrote:Did you try the tar command with sudo?
yep, both with and without, i also changed the name of the tar to StatusCheck to remove the space and i tried both "1.0" and "1.1", it's ok though, no stress

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”