Marquette 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danielle9281

New

Re: Marquette 2011 Applicants

Post by danielle9281 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 pm

BurgerSalad wrote:In today via small white envelope dated 11/19! I'm living Southern California at the moment, so I would assume most people from the 11/19 batch will hear back very soon. Pretty excited about the school, but a little worried about the Milwaukee weather. Never really had a harsh winter, so if there's anybody out there who can attest that would be much appreciated :D

SInce you live in Southern California could you give me some information on Loyola? I am trying to decide between there, Marquette, and the University of Wisconsin. I want to move to SoCal, but I am afraid that my job prospects from loyola will be bad. I did receive an 87K scholly to attend Loyola, but have to be in the top 30%.

danielle9281

New

Post by danielle9281 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

irishvt14 wrote:I tried negotiating. 16k a year originally and was flat out denied. Not even a moment of consideration. That's okay, I got into Pepperdine today so I will be withdrawing immediately. I hope one of you gets my money or that they split it up to give it to a few of you who want/need more.

Are you worried about attending pepperdine? I am looking at going to Loyola, but I am worried about job prospects since there are so many higher ranked schools in the area.

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:19 am

danielle9281 wrote:
BurgerSalad wrote:In today via small white envelope dated 11/19! I'm living Southern California at the moment, so I would assume most people from the 11/19 batch will hear back very soon. Pretty excited about the school, but a little worried about the Milwaukee weather. Never really had a harsh winter, so if there's anybody out there who can attest that would be much appreciated :D

SInce you live in Southern California could you give me some information on Loyola? I am trying to decide between there, Marquette, and the University of Wisconsin. I want to move to SoCal, but I am afraid that my job prospects from loyola will be bad. I did receive an 87K scholly to attend Loyola, but have to be in the top 30%.
Loyola Chicago or Loyola LA? You're going to have a hard time securing a job in SoCal from any of those schools.

danielle9281

New

Post by danielle9281 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:04 pm

EstboundNDwn wrote:
danielle9281 wrote:

Loyola Chicago or Loyola LA? You're going to have a hard time securing a job in SoCal from any of those schools.

Loyola LA, that is why I am asking, because you said you live in Southern California. I know that none of the other schools will get me a job in california, that is why I am wanting to go to Loyola, but I only hear bad things about that school. I am okay with living in the midwest, but I would rather go where it is warm.

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

danielle9281 wrote:
EstboundNDwn wrote:
danielle9281 wrote:

Loyola LA, that is why I am asking, because you said you live in Southern California. I know that none of the other schools will get me a job in california, that is why I am wanting to go to Loyola, but I only hear bad things about that school. I am okay with living in the midwest, but I would rather go where it is warm.
PM'd you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

New

Post by 8675309 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Still no word! This is even worse than waiting for the LSAT! How about you Estbound?

unicorn

New

Post by unicorn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 pm

8675309 wrote:Still no word! This is even worse than waiting for the LSAT! How about you Estbound?
I heard back from Marquette on a Friday... maybe today is your day :D

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:00 pm

8675309 wrote:Still no word! This is even worse than waiting for the LSAT! How about you Estbound?
Nope. Nothing. It's 3 weeks (today) and counting. I've definitely been stressing out about all the different possible outcomes. :?

But on the bright side, it's 74, clear, and sunny in San Diego. I think I'll go drink some beers on the beach tonight to block out any thoughts of law school.

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:34 pm

unicorn wrote:
Congrats!

How many days did it take from when you went complete?

And to everyone, did you write both optional essays?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:50 pm

coolgreen44 wrote:
unicorn wrote:
Congrats!

I think I wrote the "Why Marquette" essay. When I went to one of their intro days they said the optional essays really were optional.

New

Post by 8675309 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 am

EstboundNDwn wrote:
coolgreen44 wrote:
unicorn wrote:
Congrats!

I think I wrote the "Why Marquette" essay. When I went to one of their intro days they said the optional essays really were optional.
I had to do the additional ones for the first LSAT and a speeding ticket. I did the "Why Marquette" one too. I looked back and I submitted my app a day later than yours and got my complete email from them on the 6th (I think). It'll be interesting to see if I get my letter before you. I live in WI so it'll take a little less time to come in the mail. So depending on when they decide on us, I may be able to give you a heads up. I'll let you know. My hopes are dwindling as I speak.

New

Post by 8675309 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:01 am

Also, when I called to see why my app wasn't complete, she said they are slower around this time because they get an increased amount of apps. Go figure. I've looked at past trends on LSN and it's looking like it could be another couple weeks. I hope not.

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:08 am

Withdrew on Friday. Best of luck to you guys.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 am

Any waitlist movement?

kart0059

New

Post by kart0059 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Scottie I am also on the wait-list... Will be attending William Mitchell in the fall worst case scenario, but I am praying to get off the wait-list and accepted into Marquette. I was just curious if you received an e-mail from MU Law around the first week of April asking you to reaffirm interest/maintain a spot on the wait-list? I'm sure the e-mail was standard and sent to everyone on the wait-list, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask... Best of luck to you!

Scottie88

Bronze

Post by Scottie88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:24 pm

kart0059 wrote:Scottie I am also on the wait-list... Will be attending William Mitchell in the fall worst case scenario, but I am praying to get off the wait-list and accepted into Marquette. I was just curious if you received an e-mail from MU Law around the first week of April asking you to reaffirm interest/maintain a spot on the wait-list? I'm sure the e-mail was standard and sent to everyone on the wait-list, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask... Best of luck to you!
Yes I did receive the wait list email.

New

Post by 8675309 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 am

Dinged from Penn State. Knew that was going to happen. The decision from Gonzaga is on it's way. That one is weird because I sent in the app late March and first got a complete e-mail the 16th. Decision rendered on the 20th. My guess is that's another ding too. That doesn't give me much hope for this cycle. Hoping Marquette and Valpo tell me/admit me sooooonnnnn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 pm

danielle9281 wrote:

What's your #s?

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I got in by email today (no scholarship information). It says an admissions letter is in the mail and I am hoping that has good scholarship news.

I got admitted to University of Saint Thomas (T3) a few days ago and they offered me a full tuition scholarship. I wasn't really considering them before but full tuition may be to hard to pass up. So now to balance MU (my pre full scholarship #1) vs. UST.

Worth it to drop down the ranks to go for free?

But I am pumped up about the Marquette email :D

I hope the rest of you guys waiting get news soon.

dreams2308

New

Post by dreams2308 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm

coolgreen44 wrote:I got in by email today (no scholarship information). It says an admissions letter is in the mail and I am hoping that has good scholarship news.

I got admitted to University of Saint Thomas (T3) a few days ago and they offered me a full tuition scholarship. I wasn't really considering them before but full tuition may be to hard to pass up. So now to balance MU (my pre full scholarship #1) vs. UST.

Accepted via e-mail as well. Are scholarship offers sent through e-mail also or through snail mail? Effectively, if we decide to go are we resigned to pay sticker?

EstboundNDwn

Bronze

Post by EstboundNDwn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm

coolgreen44 wrote:I got in by email today (no scholarship information). It says an admissions letter is in the mail and I am hoping that has good scholarship news.

Congrats!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dgymrat44

New

Post by dgymrat44 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm

dreams2308 wrote:

Accepted via e-mail as well. Are scholarship offers sent through e-mail also or through snail mail? Effectively, if we decide to go are we resigned to pay sticker?
I got my scholarship offer through snail mail

coolgreen44

New

Post by coolgreen44 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Based on Law school numbers it seems like Marquette is pretty stingy about scholarships. Is that pretty true?

mlbennani

New

Post by mlbennani » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 am

coolgreen44 wrote:Based on Law school numbers it seems like Marquette is pretty stingy about scholarships. Is that pretty true?
completely true! :(

New

Post by 8675309 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Well if everyone is getting e-mails now, I'm guessing I just got rejected. That's great though! Congrats on both UST and MU!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”