Financial Aid Applications--- What a Pain in the @$$ Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dtackpat75

Bronze

Financial Aid Applications--- What a Pain in the @$$

Post by Dtackpat75 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 am

Anybody else's head absolutely spinning trying to figure out all this crap? It just seems that most of the schools' websites are not very straight forward. The forms themselves are confusing. Not to mention trying to get my dad and step mom to fill out their parts while simultaneously trying to get mom to do her's and fill out all of my own stuff. Just ranting here its a pain. Not to mention how much it sucks in general relying on other people to do stuff that you need. :x

agentzer0

Bronze

Re: Financial Aid Applications--- What a Pain in the @$$

Post by agentzer0 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:33 am

Dtackpat75 wrote:Anybody else's head absolutely spinning trying to figure out all this crap? It just seems that most of the schools' websites are not very straight forward. The forms themselves are confusing. Not to mention trying to get my dad and step mom to fill out their parts while simultaneously trying to get mom to do her's and fill out all of my own stuff. Just ranting here its a pain. Not to mention how much it sucks in general relying on other people to do stuff that you need. :x
+100000

Also having to supply parents' info is complete bs. Me being completely independent (house, car, job) + my parents having upper-middle class salaries and not giving me a dime for law school = I'm going to get completely shafted when it comes to fin-aid.

Dtackpat75

Bronze

Post by Dtackpat75 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 am

agentzer0 wrote:
Dtackpat75 wrote:Anybody else's head absolutely spinning trying to figure out all this crap? It just seems that most of the schools' websites are not very straight forward. The forms themselves are confusing. Not to mention trying to get my dad and step mom to fill out their parts while simultaneously trying to get mom to do her's and fill out all of my own stuff. Just ranting here its a pain. Not to mention how much it sucks in general relying on other people to do stuff that you need. :x
+100000

Also having to supply parents' info is complete bs. Me being completely independent (house, car, job) + my parents having upper-middle class salaries and not giving me a dime for law school = I'm going to get completely shafted when it comes to fin-aid.
Yea same boat. I am kind of under the impression that it is Merit Aid or bust for me.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 am

Dtackpat75 wrote:
agentzer0 wrote:
+100000

Yea same boat. I am kind of under the impression that it is Merit Aid or bust for me.
I haven't started the Need Access yet - is it that big a pain in the ass? How long does it take? at this point FAFSA is second nature - have no idea what to expect from need access..

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 am

if you've been doing your own taxes for years, these applications are much simpler than taxes. but for someone that hasn't, or has to get parent info, i could see how it would be confusing. first time i did my taxes like 5 yrs ago i def got a headache

Dtackpat75

Bronze

Post by Dtackpat75 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 am

Need Access is much more along the lines of the CSS Profile

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”