Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
-
Spack

- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm
Post
by Spack » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm
LilMonsterAnnie wrote:uwgbluedevil wrote:wokeemilo wrote:what is going on at santa clara??? in committee since 12/9! let's have some decisions, please.
same here. in committee since 12/3
from IR 11/16
to In committee 1/26
is there really a difference?
Did you submit to the alternate admissions committee based on diversity? I didn't have "in review" ever and have been stuck at in committee for over three months now but I submitted the questionnaire to two of the alternate review boards.
*edited for typo
-
LilMonsterAnnie

- Posts: 187
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm
Post
by LilMonsterAnnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm
Spack wrote:LilMonsterAnnie wrote:uwgbluedevil wrote:wokeemilo wrote:what is going on at santa clara??? in committee since 12/9! let's have some decisions, please.
same here. in committee since 12/3
from IR 11/16
to In committee 1/26
is there really a difference?
Did you submit to the alternate admissions committee based on diversity? I didn't have "in review" ever and have been stuck at in committee for over three months now but I submitted the questionnaire to two of the alternate review boards.
*edited for typo
I honestly do not even remember (sad isn't it?)...it seems like a previous century at this point.
-
jarofsoup

- Posts: 2145
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am
Post
by jarofsoup » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm
I am questioning whehter or EA deferals are even going to get looked at again during this cycle...wasn't I suppose to go back into committee in Jan.? I have a theory that these status checkers are not maintained....
-
cowgirl_bebop

- Posts: 919
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm
Post
by cowgirl_bebop » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 pm
In Committee as of 1/27. Let's hope some good news come quickly!
-
usernamer

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm
Post
by usernamer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm
App'd on the 18th after a fee waiver, in committee as of the 27th. Haven't read much of the thread so far, but seems like pretty quick turnaround?
-
berkeleyman

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm
Post
by berkeleyman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 pm
status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
-
wokeemilo

- Posts: 90
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:32 pm
Post
by wokeemilo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm
berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
that's so weird...so they're planning on sending out your letter on tuesday? odd.
-
Phatslice

- Posts: 44
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am
Post
by Phatslice » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 pm
berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
Santa Clara is a safety school? I think with your numbers it is a school that should accept you but there is a small chance they won't....for me safety schools are schools where I am above their 75th percentile for both LSAT and GPA. With that being said, that is weird that they said there is a decision letter sent out for the 2nd.
-
berkeleyman

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm
Post
by berkeleyman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm
Phatslice wrote:berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
Santa Clara is a safety school? I think with your numbers it is a school that should accept you but there is a small chance they won't....for me safety schools are schools where I am above their 75th percentile for both LSAT and GPA. With that being said, that is weird that they said there is a decision letter sent out for the 2nd.
Maybe safety school was the wrong phrase. I just thought I could get in with my numbers, oh well.
-
BackToTheOldHouse

- Posts: 862
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm
Post
by BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 pm
berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
Same here. My numbers are well above both their 75%, so don't rush to judgment.

-
lalu

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm
Post
by lalu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 pm
Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?
-
MrMisiu

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm
Post
by MrMisiu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 pm
lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?
Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.
My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.
-
lalu

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 pm
Post
by lalu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 pm
MrMisiu wrote:lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?
Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.
My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.
Congrats!
I received a letter offering about 13K for merit but with my numbers I think it should be more than that. Going to wait for more acceptances before I talk to SCU...not sure how to word it yet. I could live at home and commute to SCU so it's pretty appealing, but its rank is far below the other schools I applied to :/.
-
Kiwi917

- Posts: 231
- Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm
Post
by Kiwi917 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 pm
lalu wrote:MrMisiu wrote:lalu wrote:Anyone admitted with a scholarship offer and thinking of asking for more?
Yeeeeeeep. I received a 10k offer from an instate (NJ) school that I could commute to, so that would end up costing me 15k a year. SC would be, literally, quadruple that so I'm going to try in March.
My numbers don't come anywhere near your's, but I'm going to try and milk whatever I can get.
Congrats!
I received a letter offering about 13K for merit but with my numbers I think it should be more than that. Going to wait for more acceptances before I talk to SCU...not sure how to word it yet. I could live at home and commute to SCU so it's pretty appealing, but its rank is far below the other schools I applied to :/.
Same thing happened to me. I'm planning to withdraw this week. SCU is appealing for a lot of reasons, but it would take a lot more that $13K to make it a wise decision for me to go there, unfortunately.
-
Capitalist

- Posts: 286
- Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm
Post
by Capitalist » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 pm
Hi all. I received a few waiver from SCU and after doing some research on the school, I decided to apply yesterday (I know it's pretty late in the cycle), but what do you guys peg my chances at 160/3.3 (very strong upward trend)?
Thanks.
-
sinkorswm

- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 am
Post
by sinkorswm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:16 pm
berkeleyman wrote:status still says in review, but under mailings it says decision letter sent 2/01/2011. what the hell? Id be pretty bummed if this was a rejection, it was one of my safeties. 3.5/160
Mine says the exact same thing. My guess is they send out a bunch of decisions at once instead of doing letters everyday and that is their next mailing. I wouldn't worry too much about it...
-
LilMonsterAnnie

- Posts: 187
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:56 pm
Post
by LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm
Has anyone who received a "Decision Letter sent" been accepted or rejected? I am assuming the status checker does not give the big green light and you will only get notified by mail.
I am rather sick of being notified by email by a few places (to be quite honest).
-
MrMisiu

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm
Post
by MrMisiu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm
Back in December, when I had that status, about 3 days later the checker switcher to 'Admitted'
-
jarofsoup

- Posts: 2145
- Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am
Post
by jarofsoup » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 pm
EA defered and back in committe FINALLY. Now I am scared. I added an extra letter of rec while I was in defferal.
-
adonai

- Posts: 1033
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm
Post
by adonai » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm
jarofsoup wrote:EA defered and back in committe FINALLY.
+1
Now we wait until May. LOL
-
berkeleyman

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm
Post
by berkeleyman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm
Status changed to admitted about an hour ago

-
Phatslice

- Posts: 44
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 am
Post
by Phatslice » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:29 pm
My status updated yesterday from IC 12/3 to IC 1/31. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after the IC updates a second time? Thanks.
-
berkeleyman

- Posts: 52
- Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm
Post
by berkeleyman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm
Phatslice wrote:My status updated yesterday from IC 12/3 to IC 1/31. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision after the IC updates a second time? Thanks.
I went from IC 12/9 to IC 1/14 and got my decision today
-
estrellaz

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:20 am
Post
by estrellaz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm
EA applicant back in committee
-
rs2004

- Posts: 536
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm
Post
by rs2004 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 pm
Got a second in committee date from 1/7 to 2/1