UC Davis Forum
-
jen_said

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 pm
Re: UC Davis
161 / 3.55 ......... I'm guessing for waitlist, right? I just want to know NOW. Davis is my top choice - I would even take it at sticker.
- boardride23

- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 pm
Re: UC Davis
I'm on the same boat (161, 3.65)... good luck!jen_said wrote:161 / 3.55 ......... I'm guessing for waitlist, right? I just want to know NOW. Davis is my top choice - I would even take it at sticker.
A friend of mine was accepted this cycle with a sub 160 LSAT and sub 3.5 GPA (part minority), so you never know!
Not to mention, with the scores of these admitted students (many T-14 worthy) and these ridiculous tuition hikes due to budget cuts, I wouldn't be surprised to an abnormally large number of withdrawals within the next month, making the "waitlist" not such a bad outcome.
Last edited by boardride23 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- NervousInKC

- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:45 pm
Re: UC Davis
Inygma wrote:I believe Davis gives people 2 weeks to accept admission if accepted after the deadline.NervousInKC wrote:Since I don't expect any movement in my status (Awaiting Evaluation) by the date of the first deposit deadline, is it safe to say I will be rejected? (Since I'm a splitter with a horrible LSAT and there will be little to no seats left anyway)
And if I were miraculously accepted after the deadline, how would it work? Do I just send in the deposit as soon as possible?
Sounds good. Thanks! Now if they would only change my status...........
- LvingLegend

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:15 pm
Re: UC Davis
It was through the status checker.Inygma wrote: Congrats, was it through the status checker or snail mail?
My stats are in profile, 3.0, 172. I applied Either October 31st or November 1st. I dont rememberjen_said wrote: Congrats! What were your numbers? When did you apply?
-
crm

- Posts: 282
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm
Re: UC Davis
Congrats.yetemlion wrote:in
still eval in progress...over two months now.
-
Inygma

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm
Re: UC Davis
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!
Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!
-
adonai

- Posts: 1033
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm
Re: UC Davis
And another week goes by.
Congrats, Inygma!! Finally, one of the thread's patient warriors gets some good news :]Inygma wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!
- ozarkhack

- Posts: 380
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Re: UC Davis
in!
whoa. this probably does it for me.
whoa. this probably does it for me.
-
yo!

- Posts: 652
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm
Re: UC Davis
Awesome hack! When did you apply?ozarkhack wrote:in!
whoa. this probably does it for me.
-
Borhas

- Posts: 6244
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm
Re: UC Davis
congrats dude!Inygma wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
jahallc

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm
Re: UC Davis
Congrats to you all that just got accepted! Hope to see you all there in the fall!
-
missinglink

- Posts: 946
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am
Re: UC Davis
Congrats to all those accepted!
No movement here, but I'm only at a week under evaluation, so my wait doesn't really compare to some of yours. Going by Inygma's timeline, I should hear back by August.
No movement here, but I'm only at a week under evaluation, so my wait doesn't really compare to some of yours. Going by Inygma's timeline, I should hear back by August.
- ozarkhack

- Posts: 380
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Re: UC Davis
Thanks, I still can't believe it. About the only thing that would bar my matriculation would be 1) a Hastings call off the WL ... but even that might not be enough and 2) Hell freezes over and Vandy both WLs me and calls me.yo! wrote:Awesome hack! When did you apply?ozarkhack wrote:in!
whoa. this probably does it for me.
My app timing was kind of irregular: Applied 10/17. Then decided on last-minute LSAT re-take and asked for hold pending December results. I can't remember when I re-went complete, but they had my app, ps, etc. by 11/9. They got my 2nd LSAT first week or so of January.
After I got my re-take score back (160->161 ... shit) I was kicking myself for delaying everything. Maybe it worked after all?
-
angela

- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 am
Re: UC Davis
does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?
- ozarkhack

- Posts: 380
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Re: UC Davis
I presume this is final. ... OOS price tag is something like $48,000. Not counting COL.angela wrote:does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?
That's a hard gulp. But ... for me, I can't see walking away, even at sticker.
- Veritas

- Posts: 2695
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm
Re: UC Davis
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSInygma wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Davis is definately a #1 contender, good chance I will be there next fall!
I am SO HAPPY!!!!!
-
jahallc

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm
Re: UC Davis
Veritas, which schools are you learning towards now?
- Veritas

- Posts: 2695
- Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm
Re: UC Davis
all of themjahallc wrote:Veritas, which schools are you learning towards now?
-
angela

- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 am
Re: UC Davis
Thanks!ozarkhack wrote:I presume this is final. ... OOS price tag is something like $48,000. Not counting COL.angela wrote:does anybody know if the tuition has been finalized?
That's a hard gulp. But ... for me, I can't see walking away, even at sticker.
- J Burrito

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am
Re: UC Davis
Email today requesting my fall grades. Anyone else?
- J Burrito

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am
Re: UC Davis
Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.
It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.
Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.
What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.
Thanks!
It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.
Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.
What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.
Thanks!
-
missinglink

- Posts: 946
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am
Re: UC Davis
I can't see it as hurting you, as long as the other grades are solid. One more grade out of many is unlikely to seriously deviate from your average at this point. So, they ought to be able to judge your transcript as is.J Burrito wrote:Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.
It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.
Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.
What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.
Thanks!
It's probably more that they want the file to be 'complete', so to speak.
Did you receive the email on Saturday? I'm wondering if they work on the weekends, which means I ought to be checking the status checker on weekends now.
- J Burrito

- Posts: 217
- Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am
Re: UC Davis
Awesome, that makes me feel a little better. The other grades are solid, they even gave my GPA a tiny boost.missinglink wrote:I can't see it as hurting you, as long as the other grades are solid. One more grade out of many is unlikely to seriously deviate from your average at this point. So, they ought to be able to judge your transcript as is.J Burrito wrote:Question: As I said, UC Davis requested my fall grades today. The problem is that I have an incomplete on my transcript from fall quarter.
It's sort of a complicated situation because the incomplete is for my senior project. My professor granted me an extension to finish the project and gave me an "I" instead of a grade. Normally, senior projects are done over 2 quarters so it's not an unusual occurrence. I considered just turning in what I have written so far for a grade but it would still take weeks to process, so that's out of the question.
Do you think this incomplete will hurt me? I plan to write an addendum explaining all of it in detail and maybe having my prof write something up. Once the 'I' changes to a grade I'll quickly send them another updated transcript if I still haven't heard anything.
What do you guys think? I really want to go to Davis and I take this as a good sign that they're strongly considering me.
Thanks!
It's probably more that they want the file to be 'complete', so to speak.
Did you receive the email on Saturday? I'm wondering if they work on the weekends, which means I ought to be checking the status checker on weekends now.
I did receive the email on a Saturday! It was from the Associate Director of Admissions and Outreach as well. Maybe they're trying to get caught up with seat deposit deadlines approaching. We can only hope...