Can any current or former AUSAs share their hiring timeline? Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Can any current or former AUSAs share their hiring timeline?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:17 pm

I applied for an AUSA position at the start of this year. Accepted the tentative offer in late spring/early summer and started the background check process then.

I've just been waiting in silence since then (with a sporadic email here and there asking me to correct a form or sign a new one).

At first, I was just eager to start ASAP but now that we're getting closer to the end of year, I'm hoping that I can stick around until December 31 when our bonuses are likely to paid. I'm also going to be moving cities so I'd like some time to get that all in-order.

Can anybody share their respective timeline to give me an idea of what I can expect and what would be reasonable to ask of the office regarding my start date? Thanks all,

Anonymous User

Re: Can any current or former AUSAs share their hiring timeline?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:41 am

My e-QIP submission to start date timeline was roughly 3 months. Maybe a little less.

It can take longer, and it will definitely take longer if there's a shutdown. I know it's a super-long and annoying waiting process, but that's the federal government for you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:44 am

How long after your EQIP submission was your official offer? And how long after that was your start date?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 pm

I accepted a tentative offer about a month ago. Eqip submitted 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard a thing since then. The HR manager suggested it could be a few months. I'm itching to give notice at my current job and get out of there. I'll post an update with my timeline when I have some additional news.

The process up to now went relatively fast: application, first interview, second round, and offer happened in a little over a two month span.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”