Proposed New Merger Guidelines Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Proposed New Merger Guidelines

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:13 am

While I appreciate the FTC and DOJ's effort to modernize the Merger guidelines in response to the realities of our modern economy, I believe there needs to be a balance preserving the spirit of competition. The proposed emphasis on multi-sided platforms and minority interests is a welcome development, acknowledging the growing significance of digital platforms and complex corporate structures. However, the extended scope and rigorous analysis could potentially stifle innovation and deter beneficial, competitive mergers. These guidelines don't unintentionally limit market competition and innovation while protecting consumers and workers interests. I urge the agencies to consider these perspectives noting that the guidelines are still subject to change.

Anonymous User

Re: Proposed New Merger Guidelines

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:13 am
While I appreciate the FTC and DOJ's effort to modernize the Merger guidelines in response to the realities of our modern economy, I believe there needs to be a balance preserving the spirit of competition. The proposed emphasis on multi-sided platforms and minority interests is a welcome development, acknowledging the growing significance of digital platforms and complex corporate structures. However, the extended scope and rigorous analysis could potentially stifle innovation and deter beneficial, competitive mergers. These guidelines don't unintentionally limit market competition and innovation while protecting consumers and workers interests. I urge the agencies to consider these perspectives noting that the guidelines are still subject to change.
You may want to move this out of "legal employment/careers" forum.

Also, if you have something specific to propose, submit a comment via the actual comment submission portals linked in the FTC and DOJ press releases.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”