Second Round Interview for Federal Attorney Position

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
MaquisAyala

New

Second Round Interview for Federal Attorney Position

Post by MaquisAyala » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello. I have an upcoming second interview for a federal attorney advisor position (not giving details beyond that). Does anyone have general advice regarding a second round interview in this context in particular?

The first round involved what I'm pretty certain was a predetermined set of questions asked to everyone. I'm just wondering if there are any hallmarks that commonly characterize second round interviews that would lead me to want to prepare for it differently from the first one.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Second Round Interview for Federal Attorney Position

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:35 pm

MaquisAyala wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 pm
Hello. I have an upcoming second interview for a federal attorney advisor position (not giving details beyond that). Does anyone have general advice regarding a second round interview in this context in particular?

The first round involved what I'm pretty certain was a predetermined set of questions asked to everyone. I'm just wondering if there are any hallmarks that commonly characterize second round interviews that would lead me to want to prepare for it differently from the first one.

I don't, but I am waiting to hear if I get called for a second round. Do you mind me asking how long it took for you to hear back between first and second round? Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:47 pm

I've done a bunch of first and second round interviews for fedgov, and I would say first of all that it depends on the agency and office. The interview will be much less structured than the first one, and it may feel more like a biglaw callback (multiple shorter interviews with individual attorneys, usually different seniority levels but including the top). Depending on your experience/seniority, there could be some substantive questioning. I'd do the same prep for the second interview that you did for the first, but be ready to have a more conversational interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:48 pm

MaquisAyala wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:13 pm

How did it go? I have a second round next week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”